corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Crossing the Channel with a car

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Crossing the Channel with a car
Munchie

User status: Offline
29th May 14 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK so tunnel both ways? I forgot to say I will be travelling east to Brussels but I understand that I still require stuff for the crossing for the car which I will arrange soon!
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

29th May 14 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need to have all your documents if you get stopped, hi vis, triangle and if in france a breathalyser now.
djgritt
Premium Member

29th May 14 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm using the Ferry this summer. Cheapy cheap.
Daimo B

29th May 14 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
Boat is bollocks, absolute bollocks. You wait at the port, more waiting, then get on the boat, find the breakfast which will cost you £10 each if you want something hot and by the time you have eaten it you haven't even left the dock yet. Fuck the boat.

I lol'd Its so true. Especially the screaming kids part that other person mentioned.

My old man catches the boat as he's tight, but we take the dog so its better on the train. Just get some snacks/drinks from the terminal and munch on the train.

Best bit about the boat is when is mega rough and windy, but then they eventually stop them when it really gets fun

[Edited on 29-05-2014 by Daimo B]
Munchie

29th May 14 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok going to book tunnel crossing there and back.

I know its 35mins or so from Calais to Folkestone but do you have the opportunity to get out the car and go somewhere on the train? I know nothing haha
Daimo B

29th May 14 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get out of the car and walk down the train, there is the worlds smallest toilets scattered around.

Don't think of the train as somewhere with seats, think of a big tin can with 2 levels of cars stuffed in. You can walk up and down though.

Theres a big terminal before you go onto the train to stock up on bits too.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

29th May 14 at 13:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everything Daimo says, just get your snacks before hand. You are on the train for such a little time anyway. Personally I prefer to wait until I'm in the land of 20 cent toilets and stop off somewhere to enjoy a fine jambon and fromage baguette

[Edited on 29-05-2014 by willay]
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

29th May 14 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
quote:
Originally posted by Munchie
quote:
Originally posted by RichR
Tunnel is much more straight forward and less hassle by far. There are a number of things you need in your car when driving on the continent, especially in France; bulb kit, warning triangle, first aid kit, hi-viz for all passengers (must be in the car, accessible, not in the boot), breathalysers x2, GB badge, Insurance documents, driving license and ownership documents.

[Edited on 28-05-2014 by RichR]

Cool

And say we do not have these?!

You get 2 options.

Take all of the above, or take none of it and just a big tub of lube.

Up to you.

I got pulled for speeding in France had none of the above and nothing was said

[Edited on 29-05-2014 by VrsTurbo]
Ojc

29th May 14 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like Willay said ferry is fucking wank and a real chore.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Crossing the Channel with a car 23 database queries in 0.0139711 seconds