corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Sticker Embosser

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sticker Embosser
dannymccann

User status: Offline
2nd Jun 14 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got some asset tagging to do at work. We've got special stickers which wont fit in normal Dymo type machines so at the minute we simply write on it really hard with a biro to make the sticker 'embossed'. I'm trying to find a little manual hand held tool (like a stamp or something?) that will do this for me so its a bit more uniform and professional looking but struggling to figure out what to search for on Google?

Stickers are H19mm x W51mm although the area for writing is 6mm x 45mm

Any ideas??
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Jun 14 at 16:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always bought asset tags pre-printed/embossed.

Stop being a gypo

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
oceansoul

2nd Jun 14 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like this one here? I have one of these and a standard dymo handheld label printer. I think they look a bit cheap though and I'm trying to get my manager to buy a proper label engraver.
dannymccann

3rd Jun 14 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kyle I work for a college funded by public money so if it isnt 'needed' it isnt bought, therefore if I could find something cheap to get me through it would be better

I found those oceansoul, as I say our nice labels wont fit in anything like that, I want a stamp (bit like you have for an invoice or a date stamp) but instead of rubber characters it needs to have metal ones to make a nice imprint, and obviously have customisable numbers, at least 5 digits
Welsh Dan

3rd Jun 14 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about a normal set of metal stamps?

Dom

3rd Jun 14 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could get a metal stamp made up but they aren't particularly cheap, especially having changeable rings. Using individual letter/number stamps, like Dan posted, is probably your best bet; a lot of hassle for asset though.
dannymccann

4th Jun 14 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea I found the punches in the pic above but as said it's just easier to write really hard in biro, as shit as it looks.

When you say not particularly cheap, what are you looking at Dom? I cant find anything at all, no idea what to search for so cant even get a price for anything

New Poll