corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » 4K TV

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 4K TV
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Jun 14 at 04:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
quote:
Originally posted by Brett
I stood looking at a 4K TV in a shop thinking it looked better than real life tbh

This!!

Was watching a clip for a while, impressed with the detail and colour etc. Shortly after I had noticed I could make out the face of the pilot passing by in a plane I turned around and real life in John Lewis looked a bit well... shit.

Strange feeling.

Richer Sounds are the worst for this, but when 1080p TVs were "new" they would run the demo reels on stupid contrast ratio and brightness settings to make the image really "pop". If you took the same TV home you would soon be bored of seeing Deirdre Barlow in bright orange That said, I agree - 4k really looks amazing, but I think 90% of that comes down to the demo tapes they're playing.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Balling
Premium Member

21st Jun 14 at 06:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Besides something like 4 or 5 shows on Netflix, what can you actually watch in 4K?

A2H GO

21st Jun 14 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lad I know bought one of those curved 4k samsungs a few weeks back, I've yet to see anything in 4k on it though as he's just got it hooked up to sky.
jacko198

21st Jun 14 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said. There is no point buying one yet for the price and the lack of content.

We have just taken delivery of our 4k ready OB Truck. The main problem Is there are no broadcast 4k ready cameras out yet worth investing in.
Dom

21st Jun 14 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jacko198
The main problem Is there are no broadcast 4k ready cameras out yet worth investing in.

Is it really that limited? I thought Grass Valley, Ikegami and Sony (F55 or F65 spring to mind; although wasn't the HDC-2500's getting upgraded for 4K?) produce a range of 4K broadcast cameras?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

21st Jun 14 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
Originally posted by Ste
You must teach us all how to copy and paste so well.
highlight the stuff you want to copy, press cmd+c then click in the box you want to paste into then press cmd + v. Let me know if you still are getting stuck.

mac fag detected
Russ

21st Jun 14 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personal attack.

i only kiss boys because they taste like marzipan, does not make me gay
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

21st Jun 14 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eck
Premium Member

21st Jun 14 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WC final to be broadcast in 4k Good a reason as any.
jacko198

23rd Jun 14 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by jacko198
The main problem Is there are no broadcast 4k ready cameras out yet worth investing in.

Is it really that limited? I thought Grass Valley, Ikegami and Sony (F55 or F65 spring to mind; although wasn't the HDC-2500's getting upgraded for 4K?) produce a range of 4K broadcast cameras?

Turns out we have just bought a load of 2500's since i wrote that!
BarnshaW

23rd Jun 14 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got one of our LG 84" TV's in our reception running 4K demo, been there for over 6 months and even today when i walk in it amazes me how nice the image is, as mentioned even right up close its amazing.

Not much content atm for 4K though, alot of TV's are going to need a hardware upgrade to work the 4K Netflix content which is going to cause a few issues.
AlunJ

27th Jun 14 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a look at a curved samsung 4k running a demo in currys today, it does look fantastic, can't wait for them to come down in price.
andy_mk3

27th Jun 14 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw a 4k TV in Richer Sounds last year when buying my sound system, the detail was indeed amazing!

But I certainly don't be getting one just yet. I'll be getting a 4k monitor before I get a 4k TV I think.
p

3rd Jul 14 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much of the future is 4K? TV? Computers? Phones? etc etc - I mean I'm a novice on all this, but just been watching some videos on YouTube and it's pretty superb!
Ben G

3rd Jul 14 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's just the natural progression I guess. Hd was the next big thing until everyone got a hd telly. Now, the next big thing is 4k for a few years.

[Edited on 03-07-2014 by Ben G]
Balling
Premium Member

3rd Jul 14 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
How much of the future is 4K?
Abouth three quarters of the future, I'd say.

p

4th Jul 14 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
Originally posted by p
How much of the future is 4K?
Abouth three quarters of the future, I'd say.

Thanks, Balling.
Brett
Premium Member

4th Jul 14 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » 4K TV 26 database queries in 0.0149610 seconds