corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New car - with pics

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New car - with pics
NovaGTE2

User status: Offline
15th Jul 14 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought a BMW back in April as took a new job which meant working in London mainly so would have only been driven to the station and back for work so MPG wasnt an issue. Loved it and loved having the roof down and generally enjoyed tinkering and sorting it to look good again.

Then soon after got persuaded to stay where I am with work but meant being in Leeds every other week (500+ mile round trip) so started to look for something more suitable; so looked at a Golf GTD, Sirocco TDI and Leon FR. Loved the Sirocco and the Golf but the golf was a little more than I wanted to spend and seemed expensive for what it was so decided to by this

Left a deposit and as luck would have it someone bought the BMW the same day, so planned to collect a few days later Only to find when doing some checks there was a possible mileage discrepancy of about 100,000 miles So decided not to bother!!!!!

Then getting fed up of looking and started looking at things I probably really didn't want I was then thinking of not spending as much as planned. This popped up fairly local so agreed a price with the chap and went and picked it up lastnight. Sooo much car for the money and comfy; returned 41MPG on my way home (so 11 more than the BMW would) and drives lovely. 83,000 miles (genuine this time ) and FSH.
(pictures from eBay add)

Plans are to put 25K on it per year with as little cost as possible also may fit a new stereo with iPod, phone and maybe reverse camera (as no rear PDC) and a centre arm rest

Ben G

15th Jul 14 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a nice looking mile muncher! Should do 25k a year no problem. What engines are in these?
whitter45

15th Jul 14 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will be the 170BHP derv

A little bit unrefined in power delivery but great car and will eat miles all day long
djgritt
Premium Member

15th Jul 14 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Thats a nice looking mile muncher! Should do 25k a year no problem. What engines are in these?

If it's a TDI, and 41mpg suggests it is, it's a 2.0 PD TDI 170PS. Eats up miles with ease - I managed to do 94k in 2 years from new with mine, around numerous breakdowns and failures...

Can't believe it doesn't have the armrest though (An option which would have also given ipod Aux In, Rear Electric Windows & Dual Zone Climate IIRC) - they were part of a Free dealer upgrade package from 2007 too, so the original buyer must have been mega tight/mental!

[Edited on 15-07-2014 by djgritt]
NovaGTE2

15th Jul 14 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

If it's a TDI, and 41mpg suggests it is, it's a 2.0 PD TDI 170PS. Eats up miles with ease - I managed to do 94k in 2 years from new with mine, around numerous breakdowns and failures...

Can't believe it doesn't have the armrest though (An option which would have also given ipod Aux In, Rear Electric Windows & Dual Zone Climate IIRC) - they were part of a Free dealer upgrade package from 2007 too, so the original buyer must have been mega tight/mental!

[Edited on 15-07-2014 by djgritt]

No its the 2.0 petrol turbo; decided not to pay the extra couple of thousand for a diesel

Yeah the spec is pretty poor; just ordered a second hand stalk with cruise so that will put fitted and coded in when it arrives. Just looking at new headunits to get the phone and iPod connection as really want this with the miles I will do. Think I may get the Kenwood DNX-520VBT as looks fairly OEM
djgritt
Premium Member

15th Jul 14 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got 41mpg from the TFSi? Good job.

I barely averaged 41mpg in my TDi, but then I get free fuel, and just kicked it arse everywhere I went.

Have you looked at retrofitting the OEM Touchscreen Headunit or similar?
NovaGTE2

15th Jul 14 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to but decided to go for the one above as has all the features I need and does look pretty OEM and can take a rear camera aswell which saves drilling rear parking sensors in. Should be here in a few days along with the cruise control stalk I have just also ordered
flybikeslee

15th Jul 14 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

boss cars
corsa-sxi

15th Jul 14 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow 100k discrepancy?

was it on ebay? did it show up on a HPi check?
AndyCorsaSport

15th Jul 14 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mileage is too easy to hide unfortunately.

Skoda looks nice! Never seen one in red. Always blue black or white, them kenwood units are pretty decent too.
MatthewR

16th Jul 14 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still think these things are ugly as sin but they are like the ugly bird with a great personality - Your heart says the looker your head says the personality!
Steve
Premium Member

16th Jul 14 at 08:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got mine too lol

taylorboosh

16th Jul 14 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NovaGTE2
I was going to but decided to go for the one above as has all the features I need and does look pretty OEM and can take a rear camera aswell which saves drilling rear parking sensors in. Should be here in a few days along with the cruise control stalk I have just also ordered

Can you not just learn to park normally?
corsa-sxi

16th Jul 14 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm also looking at a Leon FR but the post facelift one with the CR engines.
Jambo

16th Jul 14 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nearly leased a VRS TDI seriously underrated bit of kit. A lot of car for the money. Can tell where corners have been cut but somehow none of that seems to matter when largely get the big things right.

Great in red too!
corsadonk
Premium Member

17th Jul 14 at 05:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
quote:

+1
Corsa_Sport21

17th Jul 14 at 05:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Got mine too lol

Mate has 1 of these but the 2.0t FR. Not had it long and so far has had to replace the ABS pump and complete steering rack. Both of which are common faults.

Steering rack issue could have caused serious harm on a few occasions.
Steve
Premium Member

17th Jul 14 at 06:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool story bro
3CorsaMeal

17th Jul 14 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot of car for the money.
NovaGTE2

17th Jul 14 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
quote:

+1

Its a big car to park with not great visibility; I am hoping my wife will drive it and at work she has tight spaces so every little helps; Camera was only £25 so why not
NovaGTE2

17th Jul 14 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-sxi
wow 100k discrepancy?

was it on ebay? did it show up on a HPi check?

Yeah car was on eBay; was the full HPI check which showed it up which I'm glad I spent the £20 on rather than the cheap text check.
NovaGTE2

17th Jul 14 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
A lot of car for the money.

Esp at £3,300

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New car - with pics 23 database queries in 0.0106978 seconds