corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lowered the Passat :) now with racing car exhausts

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lowered the Passat :) now with racing car exhausts
johnny86
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Jul 14 at 05:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've always loved sierras I soul love to own a cossie.. Unrealible power woooo...

Bloke at lakeside (old local meet? Used to have a 700bhp rs500 loved these cars ever since would rather one of these than a scooby/evo any day.
Eck
Premium Member

12th Jul 14 at 08:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Passat definitely looks better than that. I actually like yours, minus the exhaust.

The wheels are lovely.

Looks better but you can't do this in a Passat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZl22D3_ISc

If you can't keep an Astra, diesel MG or SEAT in one piece, how the fuck do you expect to do that?
Jamie-C

21st Jul 14 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cleaned the headlights up to day, one of the best things I've done to the car and only cost me 4 sheets of wet and dry, takes years off the car

ShEp

21st Jul 14 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks alright that.

The exhausts are a bit overkill.
N16K

21st Jul 14 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What grade(s) of paper for the lights?
Jamie-C

21st Jul 14 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks I liked the exhaust when I got it but starting to think the same lol, might get different tips welded on, kind of like the Porsche style but not to sure atm

I used 800 to begin with them 1200, 1500 then finished with 2000, cut it with tcut as its all i could find lol then megauirs plastx, happy with the results
MatthewR

22nd Jul 14 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great inprovement on the lights, thats what u sould be doing wit these old cars u buy not chavving them up
taylorboosh

22nd Jul 14 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hidden tips would be best imo
N16K

22nd Jul 14 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-CI used 800 to begin with them 1200, 1500 then finished with 2000, cut it with tcut as its all i could find lol then megauirs plastx, happy with the results
cheers need to the do the headlights on the cooper s.
Jamie-C

22nd Jul 14 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well worth doing, makes an nice transformation, I used a machine polisher when polishing it up, don't know if that made my results better than polishing it by hand but would say the same results could be got.
SVM 286

22nd Jul 14 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheels look nice Jamie.

How much will the Twinc be setting you back?

Shame they didn't leave it original. Cossie wannabe is a little on the naff side, especially when a clean, simple GLS is such a cracking motor.

Missing mine now

Did it start out as a GL, a GLS, a GLX, a Ghia or a 2000E?
Jamie-C

23rd Jul 14 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was swapping the Sierra for the Passat so would stand me what the Passat owes me, the chap who owns it though has decided he wants to keep it though, would still love one and might get one in the future but will see what happens

Started out as a Ghia then he done a bare shell rebuild and cossie rep'd it, was yours a cossie?
SVM 286

25th Jul 14 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, I had an 'F' plate GLS in Mercury grey Jamie.

It was an amzing car. The best all rounder i've owned probably.

They are alleged to make 125 bhp, but mine was absurdly fast.

It was also brilliant on petrol. Comfy over any distance and very entertaining to drive. Plus it didn't leak anything. Nothing EVER required topping up.

It also had no leaks into the boot or the passenger compartment, in spite of it having a sunroof.

I tried to find another after it was written off, but with no luck at all, then the prices started climbing over subsequent years.
I wanted another GLS because they had the Twin Cam, instead of the carb'd low output Pinto, or the horrid CVH, plus they were very light. The Police used to use them as area cars and after owning one, I understood why.

I'd still have mine now if it hadn't been destroyed and i'd have another if I could.

I ended up replacing it with a W124 saloon, which is probably the best car i'll ever own, but the Sierra was much more fun and infinitely better on fuel.
Marc

26th Jul 14 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like Passats. I think yours has a lot of potential. Has nice wheels, the lip spoiler is neat. I think I would have gone for exhausts more like this but its your car, and if you are happy

As for the Sierra, anything other than a Cosworth isn't worth having imo!
N16K

26th Jul 14 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
Well worth doing, makes an nice transformation, I used a machine polisher when polishing it up, don't know if that made my results better than polishing it by hand but would say the same results could be got.

Don't have a DA so by hand it will be.

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lowered the Passat :) now with racing car exhausts 23 database queries in 0.0136750 seconds