corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iPhone calendars

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iPhone calendars
Robbo

User status: Offline
31st Jul 14 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have loads of stuff in my work calendar via outlook which I now want to move and load into a personal calendar on my iPhone... how do I go about doing that? Doesn't seem to be an option under each individual entry :S
Rob R

31st Jul 14 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Add the outlook email account to your phone. Calendar will sync over
Robbo

4th Aug 14 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No. So I have an enterprise account on my iphone already, which is where all the calendar entries are but I will be deleting that soon as leaving the company... I need to find a way to migrate or copy these entries into a personal calendar on my iphone or via Calendar on my MBA if needs be.
Robbo

4th Aug 14 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I see I can export my work calendar as an .ics file but unfortunately all our calendars are shared and so all my personal entries (ie the ones I want!) are marked as private and I can't take out private entries so would be barely any quicker than just adding new entries :\

However, if I set up a new calendar in OSX Calendar, I think that will give me the option to just go through and move all the items into that calendar?
Dom

4th Aug 14 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you tried exporting your Exchange calendars via Outlook and then importing into OSX Address Book/iTunes for your iPhone?
Balling
Premium Member

4th Aug 14 at 10:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can move events manually from one calendar to another from both iOS or OS X. Procedure is pretty much the same for both.

First, make sure you have both calendars set up on your device. For instance, let's say you want to move events from "Work" to "Gmail", make sure both are set up and active.

On iOS, just click the event you want to move. When you see the description there'll be a section called "Calendar" which has a small coloured dot and the name of the calendar the event is in (in this case "Work").
Just click this and change the calendar to "Gmail" or whatever and you're done.

Same procedure on OS X except you right click the event and choose calendar. You can highlight several events at once (hold down Cmd and click the events you want) and move them all at the same time.
If you want to copy the events and not move them, just choose "Dublicate" first, then move the dublicates.

Hope this helps.

Robbo

4th Aug 14 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Have you tried exporting your Exchange calendars via Outlook and then importing into OSX Address Book/iTunes for your iPhone?
going to do that tonight
Robbo

4th Aug 14 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
You can move events manually from one calendar to another from both iOS or OS X. Procedure is pretty much the same for both.

First, make sure you have both calendars set up on your device. For instance, let's say you want to move events from "Work" to "Gmail", make sure both are set up and active.

On iOS, just click the event you want to move. When you see the description there'll be a section called "Calendar" which has a small coloured dot and the name of the calendar the event is in (in this case "Work").
Just click this and change the calendar to "Gmail" or whatever and you're done.

Same procedure on OS X except you right click the event and choose calendar. You can highlight several events at once (hold down Cmd and click the events you want) and move them all at the same time.
If you want to copy the events and not move them, just choose "Dublicate" first, then move the dublicates.

Hope this helps.
cheers, issue is that atm I only have my work calendar set up but wills et one up in OSX tonight and try importing, if not then will just do the clicky thing as suggested, ta!

New Poll