corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Cancelling sky

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cancelling sky
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Sep 14 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had enough of paying sky an absolute fortune, and cancelled my tv package.

I also want to leave the broadband/line rental but they say I am in an 18 month contract which ends in nov 2015.

They say I cannot even pay an early termination fee as I am in a full term contract, not a minimum term contract.

How can I get out of this crap company?

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Russ

13th Sep 14 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think they're right. you can put the full balance in your Sky account so you show as in credit, but they won't cancel your contract until after nov 15. had same issue with tv, after much arguing
Dan
Premium Member

13th Sep 14 at 13:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

according to there site help, u can leave and pay £16 a month to terminate early. But they said we cant.

Gaz

13th Sep 14 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://help.sky.com/articles/charges-for-ending-your-sky-contract-early ?
Dan
Premium Member

13th Sep 14 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bt have said they will pay our termination fees if we move to them and take out tv,broadband and bt sport. Totalts £41.44 a month, has all the channels we ever watch and its £35 a month cheaper than we usually pay sky for the equivalent

Dan
Premium Member

13th Sep 14 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the first woman cancelled the tv and wouldn't offer any deals.

Called back to clarify the line rental and bb. Woman said let me see. Came back and didn't tell me about the cancelling, but offered to match BT at £45 for the same as what we have.

I said that's all good, but if I move, I have £125 sainsburys gift card coming my way. She said well that's not an issue. I will credit your account with £100 as well to cover that (bt charge £30 set up so she took that off).

So ive gone from £68, to £45. a saving of £23. Plus £100 credit.

Its a 12 month contract and discounted for all 12. Meaning, ive saved just over £30 a month with the credit.

Defo worth trying to do the same to anyone who is paying full price!

[Edited on 13-09-2014 by Dan]

AndyKent

13th Sep 14 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That would fuck me right off.

If they can do it for that price now, then they could've done it for that price for months before.

Say you've been with them 10 months thats £300 wasted.

I'd leave just because they're money thieving bastards.
John

13th Sep 14 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've always said that, if they can discount so much, why not just lower the prices and get more customers?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

13th Sep 14 at 19:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because it's business.
Dan
Premium Member

13th Sep 14 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea its business. Just have to have the balls to actually leave nowadays I think.

John

13th Sep 14 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get its business but surely the lines cross somewhere and more customers at a lower price wins.
Dan
Premium Member

13th Sep 14 at 19:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guess it probably falls down to their market share. they probably have 70% of the households with digital tv.

If they have the biggest share, why bother lowering price to attract more customers, when u already have more etc

Cavey

13th Sep 14 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same as football ticket prices really. Arsenal (for example) make millions per game, have hundreds of millions TV revenue, but still charge a fortune. We all know its a rip off, but people are willing to pay it. More fool all of us.
Ben G

13th Sep 14 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, it's our own fault.

I'm stuck with sky until Jan 2015, after which I will cancel and look around.

Only problem is I watch F1 so need sky sports. Discovery channel and sky1 are also needed, but the rest can gtf. It's all filler channels.

Can't fault their fibre internet though. £17 a month I pay and it's been faultless.

Still, hoping I can get it cheaper.
John

13th Sep 14 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've still got f1 without sports. Somehow kept the legacy HD add on that includes f1.
Ben G

13th Sep 14 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got rid of my hd package before they announced it was coming off hd for new customers.

They're money grabbing cunts.
Kyle T
Premium Member

14th Sep 14 at 01:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I've still got f1 without sports. Somehow kept the legacy HD add on that includes f1.

I'm same. Need to be careful though, apparently if you ever took sports for a promotion or something then later dropped it... you'd lose F1!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Dan
Premium Member

14th Sep 14 at 05:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Yep, it's our own fault.

I'm stuck with sky until Jan 2015, after which I will cancel and look around.

Only problem is I watch F1 so need sky sports. Discovery channel and sky1 are also needed, but the rest can gtf. It's all filler channels.

Can't fault their fibre internet though. £17 a month I pay and it's been faultless.

Still, hoping I can get it cheaper.

You're not stuck. Call them. Tell them u want to leave and want to know how much early cancellation fee is, as bt will pay it if you move to them.

Jimbothebarbarian

14th Sep 14 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everytime I rang up to cancel they'd just hang up! After four years I eventually got through and ended up with brand new HD set up including dish and fitting and money knocked off.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Cancelling sky 24 database queries in 0.0157330 seconds