corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » The end of the VIC check in 12 months

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The end of the VIC check in 12 months
Ste
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Sep 14 at 22:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally there has been some sense seen and the VIC is getting binned. Good news

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/fraud-check-cut-set-to-save-motorists-money

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Sep 14 at 23:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DaveyLC

1st Oct 14 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are only doing this because there are no DVLA/VOSA offices left
--ToM--

1st Oct 14 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gonna be a huge increase in ringers then haha
baza31

3rd Oct 14 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They said at beginning of year they was stopping it . There will be more death traps on road than anything . I think it will also drive the price up on salvage motors . They will probably seize logbooks and to re issue it must have an mot first or something which is good for the garages I suppose
DaveyLC

3rd Oct 14 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--

Not really because it will become the responsibility of the MOT test centres to make sure the car is safe.. If a dodgy repair ends up back on the road whom ever did the first test after it was written off is likely to have VOSA disappear up their arse hole.
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Oct 14 at 08:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, because they're all afraid of doing anything dodgy at the moment for fear of punishment by VOSA.
DaveyLC

3rd Oct 14 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I should think the punishment will be slightly worse than the tester losing their job.
Jambo

3rd Oct 14 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Yep, because they're all afraid of doing anything dodgy at the moment for fear of punishment by VOSA.
AndyCorsaSport

3rd Oct 14 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:

Not really because it will become the responsibility of the MOT test centres to make sure the car is safe.. If a dodgy repair ends up back on the road whom ever did the first test after it was written off is likely to have VOSA disappear up their arse hole.

Vic had nothing to do with repairs. It's to do with identity, hence why Tom is saying there will be more ringers.
Bonney

3rd Oct 14 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hasn't visa now changed to the VDSA?
Jambo

3rd Oct 14 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DVSA but yes
DaveyLC

6th Oct 14 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
quote:
quote:

Vic had nothing to do with repairs. It's to do with identity, hence why Tom is saying there will be more ringers.

Sorry for not clarifying..

MOT testers are suitably qualified to check engine/chassis numbers and also at the same time check if the car is safe..

VIC tests are bullshit anyway, I bet they never plug a car in to check the VIN number on the ECU etc. which would be a blatant give away on most ringers.
--ToM--

8th Oct 14 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know the majority of people are straight and honest but there's an awful lot of "back street" garages and "phone the details through and get your mot in the post" test stations who all do a bit of you scratch my back ill scratch yours business, I know the honest mot testers won't pass a ringer but let's face it there's a shit load of people out there who will and surely this makes it easier for them to put ringers on the road flog them to unsuspecting mrs jones who then finds out her cars a ringer when it goes for it's next mot 12 months later by which time the dodgy Del Boy she bought it from has disappeared,

Plenty of back street body shop wanting to make an extra few quid , stolen of written off car comes in give it a quick cock up take it to his mates mot station toss him some extra coin guaranteed pass then flog on

Bit like that dodgy focus rs thst was on eBay recently the link was on here

[Edited on 08-10-2014 by --ToM--]
DaveyLC

9th Oct 14 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be VERY surprised if there are many garages that have managed to survive doing that.

If VOSA show up and there is a car logged on (they have to be logged on for 40 minutes plus) and the car isn't actually there - heads would roll.
--ToM--

9th Oct 14 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know mate but it does go on , the car can still go on the forecourt the tester can just "ignore" the non matching numbers
Jambo

9th Oct 14 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vosa are useless and unbothered at best.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

10th Oct 14 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'd be VERY surprised if there are many garages that have managed to survive doing that.

If VOSA show up and there is a car logged on (they have to be logged on for 40 minutes plus) and the car isn't actually there - heads would roll.

There is a garage in nottingham that you just have to park your car inside the building and you get your MOT without the MOTer looking at the car
GB123
Premium Member

10th Oct 14 at 15:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One I know of where you can tell them your number plate over the phone and they'll post you a certificate
DaveyLC

11th Oct 14 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GB123
One I know of where you can tell them your number plate over the phone and they'll post you a certificate

Are they back in 2006 when they still issued certificates?
GB123
Premium Member

11th Oct 14 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unfortunately not, they also still issue certificates.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » The end of the VIC check in 12 months 24 database queries in 0.0123560 seconds