corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Exhaust Problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Exhaust Problem
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Jul 03 at 09:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fitted my new exhaust but that clip that tightens the zorst round the pipe i loose and is probably letting exhaust gasses out ony fractionally tho would this effect the sounds of the sound.. coz its really quiet!
glasgow_corsa_c

26th Jul 03 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
fitted my new exhaust but that clip that tightens the zorst round the pipe i loose and is probably letting exhaust gasses out ony fractionally tho would this effect the sounds of the sound.. coz its really quiet!

i take it, its a back box u have?

wat make is it and is it designed for the corsa c?
chris_uk
Premium Member

26th Jul 03 at 09:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a scorpion Monza and yes its the backbox. i got it off leeshez i fits no prob but im assuming its from a corsa B
Kerry

26th Jul 03 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no its designed for corsa b and its a scorpion

if the jubilee clip is lose then y isnt it blowing??????????
chris_uk
Premium Member

26th Jul 03 at 09:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not a jubilee clip kerry there 2 soft a metal to use.. its like a 'U' bit of metal wit a thread on each end. wth a bar that goes over the 2 threaded bits and is bolted 2getha! but ive got a bigger one and its not tight enough i can turn the exhaust round if i wanted
glasgow_corsa_c

26th Jul 03 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris >> most after market exhasuts sound quieter on corsa c's thatn wat they do on b's. sumat to do with the centre silencer on the corsa c.

chris_uk
Premium Member

26th Jul 03 at 09:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

o right i c! thanks im gunna go an grind my clip down about so it will fit.
chris_uk
Premium Member

26th Jul 03 at 09:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there anything i can do to make it louder?
glasgow_corsa_c

26th Jul 03 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
is there anything i can do to make it louder?

get a custom center seciton made, with a diff silencer or no silencer at all if tahts wat u want.
SLSXi

26th Jul 03 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just go buy another clip from an exhaust place or your local motor accessories store?
Ive got a scorpion on my C and it fits tight, no probs, so it must be the fact yours is made for a B that its a bit loose.
chris_uk
Premium Member

26th Jul 03 at 09:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea but im not bothered aobut that, its the fact that its fairly quiet

and was wondering if its coz it was loose there were some exaust gasses escaping out of there instead of the backbox thus decreasing the noise.
SLSXi

26th Jul 03 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah right ok. yeh it will be quiet. mines the same. as glasgow said - get a centre section made if you want noise.
chris_uk
Premium Member

26th Jul 03 at 09:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats shite! were can i get one?
SLSXi

26th Jul 03 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not sure anyone makes one off the shelf yet. best trying the likes of powerflow etc who will make u one up.
J da Silva

26th Jul 03 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chris u do need to tighten it,the vibration will shock the back box off eventually, last thing u want is sparks flyin out the back of ya rear bumper, normally they fit with a 13mm ratchet piece, tighten it up but not too tight coz they snap easy, stops it blowin
chris_uk
Premium Member

26th Jul 03 at 09:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

were are they coz i dought i can get there.. will they have to have the car to do it? or is it something they coul send me so i can fit it?
SLSXi

26th Jul 03 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think you will have to go to them. go to http://www.powerflow.uk.com to search for a dealer near you.

New Poll