corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » clutches and flywheels

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author clutches and flywheels
Stu_22

User status: Offline
18th Nov 14 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking to get a lightfly wheel for my x16xe any recommendations
Tried helix autosport they no longer make the ally ones. Ttc racing will have some steel ones in a week or so. Not rich enough for SBD. Any one else?

Also fast road clutches are they any different to standard and are paddle clutches a no go if still using on the road?
bigron1988

18th Nov 14 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy mine from ttv best price around from them
Corsaman303
Premium Member

18th Nov 14 at 10:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look for a 8v flat type flywheel and black diamond clutch
Stu_22

18th Nov 14 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes definitely going for flat type as it's slightly cheaper too

Did think about black diamond as they are also cheaper but can help they are just standard clutches with a bit of fancy paint
monkeytwizzel

19th Nov 14 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The corsa 1.2 16v flywheel is the same as 8v one apparently.
gazza808

19th Nov 14 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ttv for fly as said,
Don't even bother with black didiamond clutch not worth a wank
--ToM--

19th Nov 14 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv just bought a paddle clutch from CG MOTORSPORT in Leeds, very very helpful I needed it next day for a track day and they went out there way to sort it for me, they build it to what ever specs you need 4 5 6 paddle etc etc I got a 5 paddle with uprated pressure plate and release bearing to suit for just over £300 posted that's for a c20let not had it slip yet and it's not brutal to drive either really good kit
--ToM--

19th Nov 14 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was told the number of faces on the paddle clutch is what effects how brutal it is for road use and obviously the pressure plate to suit that friction setup will be stronger dependant on what set up you go for I told "mick" what I use the car for he advised for a 5 paddle as I still use it on the road a 4 would be a bit harsh
Stu_22

20th Nov 14 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks TOM I may for for this one

Do they manufacture them there or did it look like they were bought in?
bigron1988

20th Nov 14 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just so you know there are some horror stories out there about cg motorsports clutches not saying there all crap but some have had big problems (my twin plate competition clutch is from there and i cant fault them or the product at all tho )
Jed D

20th Nov 14 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Iv just bought a paddle clutch from CG MOTORSPORT in Leeds, very very helpful I needed it next day for a track day and they went out there way to sort it for me, they build it to what ever specs you need 4 5 6 paddle etc etc I got a 5 paddle with uprated pressure plate and release bearing to suit for just over £300 posted that's for a c20let not had it slip yet and it's not brutal to drive either really good kit

quote:
Originally posted by bigron1988
just so you know there are some horror stories out there about cg motorsports clutches not saying there all crap but some have had big problems

wouldnt waste my money on anything from CG again... luckily i didnt have to spend a penny when they re-padded it last time, and as compensation skimmed my ttv flywheel....
they dont press the pads down properly, a freshly padded clutch lasted about 20 runs up pod and was then no use and damaged the fly
--ToM--

22nd Nov 14 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think anywhere has good and bad reviews, my review is that there went out of there way to help me and the product (so far) has been fine and was good value for money and they build them mate there not just bought in.

Sounds like your just shit at changing gear jed

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » clutches and flywheels 23 database queries in 0.0089722 seconds