corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Upgraded Headlight Bulbs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Upgraded Headlight Bulbs
VegasPhil
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Nov 14 at 13:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was a thread a few weeks back where we were talking about upgraded headlight bulbs. Has anyone bought any yet? I have ordered a set of the Philips x-Treme Vision 130% bulbs for my Punto. They seem to get quite good reviews and cost £20 on euro car parts.

Is anyone using other brands? Osram Nightbreakers, halfords upgraded bulbs etc. Did you notice a difference? Are they any good or a load of shite?

I am always a bit dubious with this sort of thing as reviews can be mixed. For the people that wanted to know, I will report back on the Philips when I have put them in.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
pow
Premium Member

27th Nov 14 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would be good to know, the MiTo headlights are woeful. It has projectors so I have toyed with the idea of HIDs in them but unsure about that self leveling. Fitting headlight washers would be really easy!
gavin18787
Premium Member

27th Nov 14 at 15:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

always used osram night breakers. Definatly better then the ones that were in the car before. This set has been in the civic for 3 years plus and still going strong

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
tom130691
Premium Member

27th Nov 14 at 16:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
always used osram night breakers.
Balling
Premium Member

27th Nov 14 at 17:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Posted this pic in the last thread:

Night Breaker Unlimited in the right, regular halogen in the left.

Can't tell any difference at all when driving.

Toby
Premium Member

27th Nov 14 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used Phillips xtreme power bulbs in the past they are e marked and legal and were a lot better than an average bulb. However I would go for a HID every time these days if you have projector lamps.
Ben G

27th Nov 14 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Philips diamond vision seem pretty good.

I made the original thread and I still need to get some. Problem is I love my hid's, even though they're not fully compatible with my auto lights.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Upgraded Headlight Bulbs 24 database queries in 0.0104671 seconds