corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Company Car Scheme Help??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Company Car Scheme Help??
SXI - Matt

User status: Offline
18th Feb 15 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Morning, need some help with company cars, my other half has been told to sort out a car she wants as her company car. They've said it has to be up to 15,000 miles and have NAV. They have given her £250(ish) per month they'll pay a bit more if she wants. They'll pay for the maintain ace on top of that and will cover the cost for the additional nav charge.

I want to have a look around at deals but what do they class it as just business lease? Assuming they don't have to pay a deposit like personal lease?

She's been told to look at LEX, Alphabet and Lombard?
whitter45

18th Feb 15 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

business lease will have VAT excluded

When you say she has £250 a month is that given to her or is that the allowance she has to choose from providers as it will have different implications

If £250 is given to her that is opt out in which the income is taxabale but will not pay BIK

However with you saying it has maintenance its sounds like a BIK scheme

for 15k and £250 a month it will not get you much

As an example my lease through our company car provider is £589 a month with maintenance for 23k a year. My company pays that but I pay the compnay the BIK instead of the tax man meaning my tax code has gone back up to 1000 rather than 289

Also the P11D will stipulate how much BIK she will have to pay depending on 20% or 40%
SXI - Matt

18th Feb 15 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She has to pay the tax on it every month and the company pay the £250?

This side of leasing is all new so unsure how it works, where is the best place to start looking she can use any one apparently..

Thanks for your help mate, her boss said he found an A1 sport for £244 a month she can have or she can find some think else if she wants.
whitter45

18th Feb 15 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lex, Hitachi Captial, Lloyds TSB arwe the big names

whitter45

18th Feb 15 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lex, Hitachi Captial, Lloyds TSB arwe the big names

Also google lease company's as they advertise business deals
SXI - Matt

18th Feb 15 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you can literally just use any lease company and you don't normally need a deposit do you for company lease?

Ms assume bik is done on each vehicle depending on spec ect, emissions ect
whitter45

18th Feb 15 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes BIK is calculated on P11D price i.e on the road price and then the emissions provide a % which is taxable

You then pay 20% or 40% of that figure depending on if you are 20% or 40% tax payer

Normally companies have preferred lease providers so they can negotiate discount so your Mrs should be asking her boss where to look

a little bit more to it but you get the idea below

i.e 30k with emissions or around 120 will be approximately 20% BIK

So that means 6,000 for BIK. You then pay either 20% or 40% of that meaning £1200 a year or £2,400 a year in BIK

[Edited on 18-02-2015 by whitter45]
SXI - Matt

18th Feb 15 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah that makes sense thanks again

Her boss has said to use hitachi, lex ect are they a supplier of the lease or do you use them to order and select the car also? Going on there website just explains who they are and nothing about selecting a car.
whitter45

18th Feb 15 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we are with hitachi

They supply log on details to quote cars as our company will have negiated discounts etc

basically it gives my monthly allowance and I price cars against that

Hitachi is not a great company although the order process is good as it highlights exactly what costs you stand to pay around BIK etc

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Company Car Scheme Help?? 23 database queries in 0.0147450 seconds