corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car delivery

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car delivery
Gary
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Feb 15 at 18:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I towed a mk1 golf from south Wales to West yorks on a straight bar with a Vectra. Straight up the m6.

Zero fucks given that day
johnny86
Premium Member

25th Feb 15 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was it road legal? Corsa isn't. Leaving kent 3 am get there 6 quick cuppa talk shit be home by 12 hopefully
Gary
Premium Member

25th Feb 15 at 19:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It had no tax, no mot, no insurance and the radio only worked on classic.

Was massively illegal but I was about 21 so didn't give a fuck.
johnny86
Premium Member

25th Feb 15 at 19:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hahaha. That's funny. Do you need mot tax and insurance to tow?
Ian W

25th Feb 15 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car you are towing needs to be fully legal if the wheels are on the ground as far as I know.

If it was 10 miles I would risk it, not worth it the distance you are doing though, you get caught it will get impounded and you'll have to pay for that then.
taylorboosh

25th Feb 15 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol he hasnt even got anyone to sit in the gsi i dont think... This is a bad bad idea lol

The gsi has a pretty high spec and the £1200 includes extra bits from black death btw - and hes getting his £80 lifters back
taylorboosh

25th Feb 15 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And it will take more like 5 hours to mine from kent
kennySRi

28th Feb 15 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely this is a wind up?

Wouldn't a dolly or whatever they're called be a slightly better idea? You can't tow an unroadworthy car on a straight bar all that way. Stupid idea, and illegal, and dangerous.
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Feb 15 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't even use a dolly unless its to recover to a place of safety. All axles on the ground aren't braked so they're illegal.

Bad bad bad idea.
kennySRi

28th Feb 15 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasn't saying a dolly was a good idea, just a very slightly better idea than the total death trap plan he has come up with.

I don't want you to prove me wrong by the way and say it is possible, the risk of it is just stupid in every way.
johnny86
Premium Member

28th Feb 15 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chill out all will be ok
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Feb 15 at 21:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah a slightly better bad idea

Not sure the offence codes matter much, LC20 or IN10 are both going to look fairly bad
bighed

28th Feb 15 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pulling it with a company van? Have they ok'd this?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car delivery 23 database queries in 0.0138941 seconds