corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Petrol pump weirdness?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Petrol pump weirdness?
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
24th Mar 15 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure if this is normal or just me. When i fill the car up, i put the pump in and squeeze the trigger. I notice the cost screen goes up to 8-10p before i feel /hear any fuel coming out?

Anyone else notice this? Its at an esso garage local to me. Am wondering whether to make a complaint or if its something to do with the fuel and the hose it has to travel down meaning there is a slight delay?
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Mar 15 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
its something to do with the fuel and the hose it has to travel down meaning there is a slight delay?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
mike56gte

24th Mar 15 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The distance from the valve to the end of the nozzle is probably about 10p worth. Who cares anyway? its 10p?
3CorsaMeal

24th Mar 15 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking about the sheer amount of cars going everyday, 10p extra for each quickly adds up.

I've just emailed trading standards so await a reply.
DaveyLC

24th Mar 15 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
I've just emailed trading standards so await a reply.

REALLY???

Generation

24th Mar 15 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's 10p who gives a shit; not sure why people are always convinced there's a huge conspiracy
AlexSXI

24th Mar 15 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation

It's 10p who gives a shit; not sure why people are always convinced there's a huge conspiracy

If you fill up say 52 times a year (once a week), that's £5.20 a year; soon adds up!

Generation

24th Mar 15 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, before you know it can get yourself a meal
At Burger King
3CorsaMeal

24th Mar 15 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might start weighing my burger king meals to make sure they are all the same or similar.
Bart

24th Mar 15 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you'll get a very generic reply back from Trading standards simply stating that by law all pumps are calibrated on a routine basis (maybe every 6 months) and that within that period they don't ever expect any issues.

Things will be made worse over the coming months in that Esso is selling up, every single petrol station is being sold off, Rontec and Euro Garages are buying most of them (middle eastern business men) and Esso will just leave their badge on the fuel but have zero responsibilities (not even transportation).
So we can expect to see a lot of these garages full of immigrants and no longer selling alcohol due to religious beliefs (which has been confirmed).
Jimbothebarbarian

24th Mar 15 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I once rang trading standards as I filled up more than the capacity of my car in a shell garage and still only had half a tank when I left. Fuck all was done.
Neo

24th Mar 15 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
I filled up more than the capacity of my car

I managed that once, questioned it on here iirc. Questioned the garage and they said they were fully calibrated - just stopped using them.
pow
Premium Member

25th Mar 15 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
you'll get a very generic reply back from Trading standards simply stating that by law all pumps are calibrated on a routine basis (maybe every 6 months) and that within that period they don't ever expect any issues.

Things will be made worse over the coming months in that Esso is selling up, every single petrol station is being sold off, Rontec and Euro Garages are buying most of them (middle eastern business men) and Esso will just leave their badge on the fuel but have zero responsibilities (not even transportation).
So we can expect to see a lot of these garages full of immigrants and no longer selling alcohol due to religious beliefs (which has been confirmed).

Can't really remember the last time I bought alcohol at a pegga station!
Neo

25th Mar 15 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
pegga station!

3CorsaMeal

25th Mar 15 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

It is already like going into an Indian restaurant.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Mar 15 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
quote:

I managed that once, questioned it on here iirc. Questioned the garage and they said they were fully calibrated - just stopped using them.

Whats unusual about this? you will fit more in the filler neck etc
Nic Barnes

25th Mar 15 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Neo
quote:

read the full quote by jimbo? thats what is unusual.
Jimbothebarbarian

25th Mar 15 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Neo
quote:

55litre tank, stopped when I realised I was upto 65 litres, went in complained police turned up I was forced to pay or get lifted. Rang trading standards, told to get bent and go the 'civil' route best offer was a free carwash and a coffee.

Oh and after I was forced to pay and left it still only had a tank.

[Edited on 25-03-2015 by Jimbothebarbarian]
baza31

27th Mar 15 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How many litre capacity from the tank up to filler nozzle though ? I would be very surprised that a pump would be ten litres out. I would of bought a 5ltr jerry can and used the same pump.
Generation

28th Mar 15 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That costs more than 10p
baza31

29th Mar 15 at 01:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where do you buy ten litres of fuel for 10p?

Russ

29th Mar 15 at 05:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

this makes me so angry, coming to our country. Investing in the economy. Employing people who will pay taxes. Refusing to sell cancer sticks. Sickening.
GB123
Premium Member

29th Mar 15 at 11:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought it was just alcohol?
Bart

29th Mar 15 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is

And investing in the economy? I very much doubt profits will remain in this country.

[Edited on 29-03-2015 by Bart]
Generation

29th Mar 15 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
Where do you buy ten litres of fuel for 10p?

Don't know, which is why I didn't say I could..

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Petrol pump weirdness? 24 database queries in 0.0126181 seconds