corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Prague

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Prague
jacko198

User status: Offline
22nd Mar 15 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heading there for a few days with the mrs next week.

Anyone have any recommendations of where to go etc? Went with work last year but didn't get to see much!

tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

23rd Mar 15 at 00:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We went recently and headed up the tower (can't remember the name of it, but looked like the Eiffel Tower) and used the cable car to get back down. Also visited the castle, saw the astronomical clock and the sex machine museum

It's a decent place to visit, very cheap at the moment with the strong pound too!
deano87

23rd Mar 15 at 06:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going beginning of April for 3 days on a stag-do. Don't think we'll see much culture mind

Do you use Euros or their currency?
richardworrall
Premium Member

23rd Mar 15 at 08:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pointless information provided

[Edited on 23-03-2015 by richardworrall]
deano87

23rd Mar 15 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richardworrall
get on one of the trips to Aushwitz, quite morbid but really worth it

Think your geography is a bit off mate. That is 460km or 4.5 hours drive! Prague is in Czech Republic yeah, not Poland?!

richardworrall
Premium Member

23rd Mar 15 at 13:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yeah lol
jacko198

23rd Mar 15 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha.
It's Cezch Korona I think!
deano87

23rd Mar 15 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jacko198
Haha.
It's Cezch Korona I think!

Yeah it is, but didn't know if Euros were more widely accepted?
kz

23rd Mar 15 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So fucking cheap out there.

Went there for a 3 day stag do as well... first night was the big club, 5 levels (all shit music lol) best bit is the ice bar in the basement. Second night was the strip club, lesbians licking each other out was pretty good. Third night was pubs by the river with brandy's and cigars, probably my favourite night tbh!

[Edited on 23-03-2015 by kz]
andy1868

23rd Mar 15 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went with the missus in 2013, awesome place. Don't be too put off by the talk of stag do's, we only saw 1 in a 6 day trip

Ace for beer, if you find some tankovna's they brew it in the pubs and its superb and about £1 a pint. Really superb. They're big on pork out there which is good too. Food away from the main squares is cheaper but tbh food on the old town square didn't seem expensive especially compared to here.

If you're interested in shopping there's Wenceslas square but didn't seem all that great but worth going to say you've been, it's where most of the protesting etc started in the Velvet Revolution. A massive museum at the top, may be open again now but was being refurbed when we were there.

We did all the cultural stuff mostly, castle and Petrin Hill and up the tower, went to a couple of Museums on the soviet side of things, there's a communist one which was okay and a kgb one that was ace and run by a crazy Russian dude. I'd recommend going and having a look at the synagogues too, loads of history from the Second World War etc, they're all museums now and quite impressive.

If you want to be in the missus' good books go to a little cocktail bar called Hemmingways not far from the Charles Bridge, really ace but not cheap. The only place I've ever been where I had to make reservations for a drink went to loads of other places too that I can't remember now

[Edited on 23-03-2015 by andy1868]
deano87

23rd Mar 15 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz

Went there for a 3 day stag do as well... first night was the big club, 5 levels (all shit music lol) best bit is the ice bar in the basement. Second night was the strip club, lesbians licking each other out was pretty good. Third night was pubs by the river with brandy's and cigars, probably my favourite night tbh!

See I'm not sure anything has been organised so christ knows where we'll end up or what we'll do between the hours of say 10am and 5pm
andy1868

23rd Mar 15 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You want my advice? Wear some sensible effing footwear. The touristy bits are all cobbled streets without room for cars etc so you're walking everywhere but all the touristy bits aren't that far away from each other
kz

23rd Mar 15 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
quote:
Originally posted by kz

See I'm not sure anything has been organised so christ knows where we'll end up or what we'll do between the hours of say 10am and 5pm

We didn't have anything organised other than go-karting, just made it up as we went along! Spent most afternoons in the pub lol...
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

23rd Mar 15 at 23:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Andy has given some great advice and the main museum was still closed in Jan this year!
deano87

5th Apr 15 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back. Can see the appeal for a city break. It looked great.

Stag do was rather messy. Didn't venture that far so did a lot of walking trying to find places. Default for breakfast was an Irish pub.

I actually thought it was a bit shite for stag do but I guess we didn't go right places etc

[Edited on 05-04-2015 by deano87]
Mad Moe

5th Apr 15 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been their for a couple of Stag Doos and both were spent in a variety of different whore houses at the top of the main square, we did venture in to the old town which was lovely and had some nice bars and restaurants around.
jacko198

5th Apr 15 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I Got back on Friday. Was great. As I say it was just me and the Mrs.

Found loads of nice places to eat, went up the Petrin Tower, the bloody tram upto it was broke so had to walk. Bit of a leg killer!

The castle was good aswell, any more expencive and it wouldn't have been worth it though.

The metro was dirt cheep! 60p for 30 mins!

All in all a great few days!
Ben G

5th Apr 15 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe
I've been their for a couple of Stag Doos and both were spent in a variety of different whore houses at the top of the main square, we did venture in to the old town which was lovely and had some nice bars and restaurants around.

Somehow i can't imagine deano going to visit whore houses
deano87

6th Apr 15 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe

Somehow i can't imagine deano going to visit whore houses

Strip clubs / whore houses. Over rated

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Prague 23 database queries in 0.0181651 seconds