corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Volvo V50 R-Design

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Volvo V50 R-Design
Kippers

User status: Offline
19th Jun 15 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone in the know about these?

Insurance is just over £200 fully comp for me and absolutely love the look of them.

Anything to look out for? Is the powershift better to go for than the manual?

johnny86
Premium Member

19th Jun 15 at 09:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been in the back of many of them...

Only joking. I really like these are these the same engine as the focus St or am I muddled up?
Ben G

19th Jun 15 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's the T5 engine then yes, 2.5t 5 cylinder. Such a good engine.

That's a lovely looking volvo. I'd get one in white, bomb down the outside lane of the motorway and watch all the infidels move over.
Phil W

19th Jun 15 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate has a D5 V50. Recently had a Rica remap on it. Gone from 180bhp/300torques to something like 245bhp/500torques.
Balling
Premium Member

19th Jun 15 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Volvo interiors are dreadful. Even the newer ones have a full 12-button phone keyboard on the dash. Horrible.

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

19th Jun 15 at 20:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
Volvo interiors are dreadful. Even the newer ones have a full 12-button phone keyboard on the dash. Horrible.

VegasPhil
Premium Member

19th Jun 15 at 21:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cracking looking I think too.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Wrighty_1988

19th Jun 15 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
Cracking looking I think too.

id go estate all the way with them aswell, the estates look better than the saloon/hatch
mattievRS

20th Jun 15 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Being a 58 plate, they suffer some issue regardless of engine. Anti skid faults on the dash mean £1000 brake module replacement from Volvo only as they're coded to the car. Rear arm bushes if not replaced will need doing at that age, dodgy alternators that over charge the battery and require a new battery and alternator. Noisy door lock mechanisms which fail eventually locking you out of the car! Have a nose around here
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58

[Edited on 20-06-2015 by mattievRS]
JM_16v

20th Jun 15 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just got rid of my C30 D5 R Design which was nothing but trouble, electric problems incuding if you have an oil level ever so slightly over half way it puts on the EML.

It needed 2 new injectors as it started randomly cutting out at various speeds.

Then the alarm started going randomly off. gave up with it and got a Audi.
Bonney

21st Jun 15 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got a s40 2.0d R design, seems really good up to now,
mattievRS

21st Jun 15 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest it'll probably be fine but I had a c30 on an 08 plate from a selekt dealer and it had some recall work done free. The bcm anti skid fault was half paid for by Volvo, I still had to find £500. The bushes needed doing on the first mot with them at a total of £305 all in. I replaced the alternator at £150 parts. I sold it on due to higher mileage at 65k as it was going to need the belts changing.

I still own a Volvo but a v60 now so it wouldn't and hasn't put me off.

Bare in mind if it has a dpf or not as they're liquid ones on the earlier Volvo and need filling at 80k. Volvo only job, and any electrical repairs will be Volvo only as its all coded to the car and cannot be recoded. Only Volvo are capable of doing the coding etc.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Volvo V50 R-Design 24 database queries in 0.0118158 seconds