corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Man VS Cyclist

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Man VS Cyclist
MatthewR

User status: Offline
3rd Aug 15 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dee25790
Roadies are always arseholes.

Btw for anyone else that hates them flinging the passenger door open when they're passing on the inside in traffic is amazing amounts of fun

Welsh Dan

3rd Aug 15 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan
quote:
Roadies are always arseholes.

Btw for anyone else that hates them flinging the passenger door open when they're passing on the inside in traffic is amazing amounts of fun

And also an offence called "opening a door to danger"

So is that a Highway Code reference? If it is the Highway Code serves only as a guide and not following those guide lines is not an offence.

Also what you called the offence is not actually what it's called under the road traffic act 1988.

If you're going to be a smart arse try and do it right

I don't need to be a smart arse, it is an offence. I can't help it if you can't find it. I didn't say it was under the RTA or the Highway Code. And if you know the entire RTA, then you need to get out more

However, you might want to check the construction and use regulations, 1986, part 105. Same place you might find the offence of using your phone whilst driving.

Opening of doors

105. No person shall open, or cause or permit to be opened, any door of a vehicle on a road so as to injure or endanger any person.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1986/1078/contents/made

[Edited on 03-08-2015 by Welsh Dan]
Dee25790

3rd Aug 15 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough can't say I had bothered to check there.

Not being a self righteous spandex wearing arsehole I don't know every rule of the road.

Purely what I research.

Dee25790

3rd Aug 15 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That hyper link takes you to part one so at some point you scrolled through 1-104 plus several pages prior to 1.. But I need to get out the house more?

I won't bother to scroll through, I'll take your word for it
Eck
Premium Member

3rd Aug 15 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've just made a cunt of yourself, leave it at that I believe WD is or was an officer, so that'll be why he knows a fair bit more than you.
Dee25790

3rd Aug 15 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
You've just made a cunt of yourself, leave it at that I believe WD is or was an officer, so that'll be why he knows a fair bit more than you.

How so..?
Dee25790

3rd Aug 15 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Btw 'an officer'
Eck
Premium Member

3rd Aug 15 at 21:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

How so..?

"If you're going to try and be a smart arse, do it right"
Also again if you think that "an officer" somehow detracts from your comeuppance
Welsh Dan

3rd Aug 15 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've amended the link, as it should have just gone straight to the contents page, not the full document. I know the stuff that I need to know or use on a regular basis. Same as the various bits of the Road Traffic Act. For everything else there's Google.

I've not made the post to be arsey, rather just pointing out that what you were suggesting is an offence, one that does end up with people getting hurt and sometimes badly. Its also especially annoying when it happens to me if I'm out on a motorbike.
Dee25790

4th Aug 15 at 05:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

How so..?

"If you're going to try and be a smart arse, do it right"
Also again if you think that "an officer" somehow detracts from your comeuppance

I beg to differ.

And the 'an officer' was referring to the fact of your tongue went any further up his arsehole you would taste his breakfast before him
Dee25790

4th Aug 15 at 05:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan
I've amended the link, as it should have just gone straight to the contents page, not the full document. I know the stuff that I need to know or use on a regular basis. Same as the various bits of the Road Traffic Act. For everything else there's Google.

I've not made the post to be arsey, rather just pointing out that what you were suggesting is an offence, one that does end up with people getting hurt and sometimes badly. Its also especially annoying when it happens to me if I'm out on a motorbike.

Fair play.

Tbh I got the idea because someone did it to me when I was 17 filtering.

Regardless cyclists are the Bain of my drive home so I'll do what I can to make their life as difficult as they make mine. And I drive home on country lanes so there's no traffic other than that caused by cyclists
broster
Premium Member

4th Aug 15 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Regardless cyclists are the Bain of my drive home so I'll do what I can to make their life as difficult as they make mine. And I drive home on country lanes so there's no traffic other than that caused by cyclists

Now that's what I just don't understand, what is it cyclists do which cause you such difficulties on your way home?
By country lanes do mean single track roads wide enough for just one car?

Dee25790

4th Aug 15 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, lanes more than wide enough for two cars, or even two wagons for that matter.

These roads are country lanes but see enough traffic to be developed, even have a cycle lane, same as the road at the top of my street has a cycle lane. None of which cyclists use, these roads were disrupted for months causing havock at rush hour. All so they could be redesigned an redeveloped to encorporate a cycle lane. Which the spandex power rangers don't use.

On top of that as a road cyclist your told if you ride in a small group ride in single file to allow traffic to pass, if in a large group ride two up so that traffic can pass quickly giving more of a chance they will be able to over take safely. None of them do this.

Then they run the few sets of lights that are on these roads, admittedly not all.. But most of them.

When they're not running lights they come barreling past when your crawling to a start and ready to turn left with your indicator clearly visible and undertake you.

If I hit them, they claim on my insurance. If they hit me, it is a civil matter.. Explain the logic there? I pay a fortune for insurance to have some fucker damage my car because he's isn't licensed or insured?

i know very very few roadies that cycle wearing high viz vests and shorts. I know even fewer that have taken a cycling proficiency course and I know none that have taken it recently.

I'm part of the cycling community (not a roadie) and spend a lot of time with the spandex brigade, they all know my opinion of the sport they partake in, and that doing it for the commute is no excuse.

[Edited on 04-08-2015 by Dee25790]

[Edited on 04-08-2015 by Dee25790]
sc0ott

5th Aug 15 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Completely agree
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

5th Aug 15 at 17:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw this video today, it fits in well with the road positioning argument.

https://www.facebook.com/143233165824638/videos/vb.143233165824638/550715945076356/?type=2&theater
Ben G

5th Aug 15 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He'll be getting a nice claim out of that then.
Dee25790

5th Aug 15 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw a car door get damaged or nearly damaged, it's no clear, because a cyclist wasn't ridding correctly when over taking a car (due to being unlicensed most probably) and then a taxi driver miss an opportunity to accelerate and muller the bastard..

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Man VS Cyclist 23 database queries in 0.0129170 seconds