corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ever sold a car then bought it back?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ever sold a car then bought it back?
psycho sport

User status: Offline
13th Jan 16 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sold my Impreza wagon when my wife got ill, bills had to be paid etc this was about 3 years ago.

Just stumbled across it on auto trader. Its had all the bits done to it that i never got around to do.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201512139425927

I spent close to £3k on doing bits to it. Since then its had bigger brakes, engine rebuild, front mount and suspension upgraded.

Should i buy it or should i just keep it as a happy ownership memory?
--ToM--

13th Jan 16 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv bought back cars, wouldn't do it again, never the same.
psycho sport

13th Jan 16 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what i m worried about!
Tiger

13th Jan 16 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends how cheap it is, scoobys are 10 a penny nowadays so would have to be very much in your favour to buy it back. And I'd get an independent 2nd opinion on it too.
Toby
Premium Member

13th Jan 16 at 11:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Half tempted to buy my Megane back. I know the bloke that bought it is barely using it. Sold it as i didn't use it enough and it was a lot of cash sat tied up. As good as the M3 is and as much as i love it, i still miss parts of the Megane.
RichR
Premium Member

13th Jan 16 at 13:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My missus sold her old golf which subsequently sold on to a garage in our local town and she bought it back to get her private reg back. Private reg was a crappy one from her ex so she sold it when they split up, they then got back together - car cost her £500 than she sold it for.

She also sold her freelander and 6 years and 4 owners later, her step dad bought it without knowing it was her's!
big eck

13th Jan 16 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sold my mk1 Leon Cupra R to fund an Evo then after about 3 different cars I wanted to save cash for a house so the guy that I sold the Leon to got in touch and said he was selling it due to lack of use so I bought it back at much cheapness with only an extra 12k on the clock after 3 years
kennySRi

13th Jan 16 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sold a nova once that I loved to bits, ended up in my local town and I hated seeing someone else drive it every day. I ended up getting it back and when I had enough of it again I cut the shell up and scrapped it so I wouldn't see it again
Marc

15th Jan 16 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brother has just done that today! Bought his old Impreza back.
Andrew

17th Jan 16 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was looking into it with one of my old Corsa's.
Although cheaper than I sold it for 2 years later he eventually sold the car to a breaker. I think this explains how well he had looked after the car.
Corsa_Sport21

17th Jan 16 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never bought an old car back but have done the same model and it's never the same.
CORSA NUT

17th Jan 16 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair if that's been to API then you can't go far wrong....looks decent

[Edited on 17-01-2016 by CORSA NUT]
BarnshaW

17th Jan 16 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would be wary personally, what torque is it running and how long is that 100k old 5 speed going to last at that power?

when specifically was rebuild done, if recent then why has someone traded it in so soon after spending out so much on it?

What was the reason for engine failure to warranty a rebuild, was that issue addressed in the build etc
psycho sport

21st Jan 16 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I took it out for a test drive and although a lot of money had been spent etc it didn't feel very well set up! brakes were shocking! Happy i went down to look at it and take it out but glad i didn't buy it back!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ever sold a car then bought it back? 23 database queries in 0.0124390 seconds