corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » German friends

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author German friends
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
5th Aug 03 at 13:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Head unit, screen, plastic to sit the screen in, data CD and the GPS antenna.
Sam
Premium Member

5th Aug 03 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this related to your recent U2U enquiry then, Ian?
Tom

5th Aug 03 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
No its for the Astra, it does all this cool stuff - http://www.astra-turbo-coupe.de/juli/navi.htm - but in English as it's going to be wired up to an English head unit.

It isn't illegal to have images on a screen so long as the images are informing or aiding the driver in their task of driving the motorvehicle and yeah, it's going to tell me where I'm going

The description says that he bought it to fit to a Cav but its a massive job so he's not doing it now. Plus if you pay a legitimate amount of money for it in good faith then it's legally yours anyway. Plus it's going for less than the amount covered by eBay fraud program so I'm covered by that anyway.

Ian, kewl, should look, and work well good
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Aug 03 at 13:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah thats what I needed that for, as it happens my dealer is fairly helpful anyway so I don't think I'll need it.
Sam
Premium Member

5th Aug 03 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK well let me know if you change your mind, Ian, and I can sort it out for you!
IntaCepta

5th Aug 03 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have an aunty in west germany. she's a bit nutty to say the least.

du bist eine hofferlump
cobra148

5th Aug 03 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Tom - this - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2426539505

Cobra - how much do you think? I'd say that's probably smaller and lighter than a head unit? Also how do you actually pay for stuff? My bank are either going to charge 20 quid to transfer it electronically or charge 8 quid and have me post some paper, which is a bit 1980s for me

[Edited on 05-08-2003 by Ian]

It doesn't look like it would weigh very much, at a guess, I should think insured delivery shouldn't be more than 20 Euros. Don't quote me though, it may be higher (doubtful) or considerably lower.
As for paying, your right about the bank wanting £20 to transfer, personally, I buy Euros with zero exchange rate from the main Post Office, them mail the cash by recorded delivery, this only costs about £3.
Its a bit antiquated but its the cheapest method I've found plus I've had no problems to date.
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Aug 03 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just put the cash in an envelope?
cobra148

5th Aug 03 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, I don't send coins. If it works out to an odd ammount I round it up to the nearest round number. I put the banknotes between a sheet of folded A4 paper. This I put in a regular envelope and tape the seal down. Take it to the Post Office and they stick a sticker on it and give you the counterfoil. This way, you have a record of sending it, the receiver has to sign for it so there's a record of him receiving it too.
I've used this method dozens of times with no problems, plus its usually delivered in 2-3 days maximum.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » German friends 23 database queries in 0.0111861 seconds