corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » anybody know about vauxhall and HP

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anybody know about vauxhall and HP
NeilsC

User status: Offline
16th Aug 03 at 06:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,

I brought my corsa on HP from Vauxhall 4 years ago. Now i need to know what im going to do, do i pay of the ballon payment, or hand it back and walk away. Because I want to walk away will they take my car of me with the mods I have made ?

Anyone know ???

Cheers,
Neil
Sam
Premium Member

16th Aug 03 at 07:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want to keep your car, they can finance the rest of the balance as 'straight finance'.
NeilsC

16th Aug 03 at 07:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want to give it back to vauxall and walk away with out paying the final payment which i can do, but becuase it's modified I dont know if I can hand it back to them
Sam
Premium Member

16th Aug 03 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No you have to put it back to standard, they won't accept it modified.
MattyB

16th Aug 03 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above, THEY WILL NOT accept your car if it has even been remotely modified from standard, or if parts have been altered.

My mate's W reg Corsa was gone over with a fine tooth comb when he tried to hand his back to the dealership. He previously had his amp screwed to the back of the rear seats, custom zaust and induction kit.

They made him pay a "fine" for the holes in the back of the rear seat, the fact that the replacement std exhaust he put back on was poorly fitted, and they also said summat bout the vacuum hose in the engine bay had been tampered with!!

Matt
NeilsC

16th Aug 03 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have just spoken to vauxhall finace, they said it might be poss, they said they will get someone out to look at the car, so fingers crossed.
Claire

16th Aug 03 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's the point in handing it back? Why don't you just sell it and pay them. After 4 years your car should be worth more than you owe unless you've totally screwed it/put spaceship miles on in which case the dealer wont accept it back anyway.
Sooty
Banned

16th Aug 03 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall HP is crap.... I put 20k on mine in the first 12 months... worth feck all... had still 4k to pay off on it and was worth about 3k at most... crap intrest... first year I was paying 110 a month which just about covered the intrest... Vauxhall finance never again.
NeilsC

16th Aug 03 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant be arsed to pay them the money then sell it, the cash i have saved to pay them off will just pay for the new car i want, but i might have to do that
NeilsC

16th Aug 03 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think i will never get a car on HP again Sooty, it's like 17 % interest, sumthin like that
Sooty
Banned

16th Aug 03 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NeilsC
i dont think i will never get a car on HP again Sooty, it's like 17 % interest, sumthin like that

Some are alright... 0% and stuff... but this was stupidly high... car im buying next week / month will be 2k deposit ... paid off within 6 months
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Aug 03 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You may be better selling it privately and paying off the finance, especially in light of it being modified and perhaps considering the mileage if you've gone over what was originally agreed (some dealers chose to sell cars on 6000 mile per year contracts just to get the payments down and leave the owners with that problem at the end of the term - check your contract).

Call them (08457 123444) get a settlement figure, then compare this with the book price from somewhere like http://www.parkers.co.uk/

Sooty - you did have a choice to being in negative equity with your car - pay more than 110 quid pm!
Trotty

16th Aug 03 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True, I pay £220 pm
MarkM

16th Aug 03 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to pay £220 a month on my sport 1.6...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » anybody know about vauxhall and HP 23 database queries in 0.0125849 seconds