corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » football quotes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author football quotes
vibrio
Banned

User status: Offline
20th Aug 03 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FUNNY QUOTES
Players, management, and the media, have provided us with many laughs with their comments throughout the years. Here's a selection:

"If we score more goals than they do, we will win." -Advanced tactics from KENNY DALGLISH

"I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league." - MARK VIDUKA

"I just felt that the whole night, the conditions and taking everything into consideration and everything being equal, and everything is equal, we should have got something from the game - but we didn't." - JOHN BARNES

"The boss keeps those things up his sleeve, close to his chest" - CRAIG BURLEY

"The Brazilians aren't as good as they used to be, or as they are now." - KENNY DALGLISH (what's that, Kenny? Brazil are Scheidt?)

"He'd no alternative but to make a needless tackle." - PAUL ELLIOTT

"Celtic have one of the most notorious sets of supporters in Europe" - PAUL ELLIOTT

"I was feeling as sick as the proverbial donkey." - MICK MCCARTHY

"Last night,we were the best team on the day." - ROY AITKEN

"We're calling him the young player of the year, but he's only 20 years old." - ALAN MCINALLY

"Mick McCarthy will have to replace Cascarino because he's quickly running out of legs." - MARK LAWRENSON

"When Celtic get an opportunity to go above Rangers they've got to jump at it with both hands." - ALAN MULLERY

"Celtic were at one time nine points ahead, but somewhere along the road, their ship went off the rails." - RICHARD PARK

"...an excellent player, but he [Ian Wright] does have a black side." - GARY LINEKER

"I predicted in August that Celtic would reach the final. On the eve of that final I stand by that prediction." - ARCHIE MACPHERSON

"It's been seventeen years since Celtic first won this competition, and after tonight it could be 18." - RODDY FORSYTH

"The club has literally exploded." - IAN WRIGHT

"It took a lot of bottle for Tony (Adams) to own up" - IAN WRIGHT on his team mate's admission of alcoholism

"My name is usually the one on the end of people's lips." - IAN WRIGHT

"I'm five short [of the Arsenal goalscoring record] - not that I'm counting." - IAN WRIGHT

"It's the carrot at the end of the rainbow" - DANNY McGRAIN added 07/05/01

"It left a real bad taste in the eyes of the supporters" - JIM DOCHERTY (on the Celtic board situation) added 07/05/01And here's a selection from the rest of Scottish football and Scottish football "personalities":

"It's a Dutch invention, but we started it in Scotland." - ANDY ROXBURGH

"I strongly feel that the only difference between the two teams were the goals that England scored." - CRAIG BROWN

"They had a dozen corners, maybe 12 - I'm guessing." - CRAIG BROWN

"Souness gave Fleck a second chance and he grabbed it with both feet." - JAMES SANDERSON

"Dumbarton player Steve McCahill has limped off with a badly cut forehead." - TOM PERRIE

"We ended up playing football, and that's not our style." - ALEX MacDONALD (Doddie just being honest, while at Airdrie!)

"Our first goal was pure textile." - JOHN LAMBIE

"Hagi is a brilliant player, but we're not going to get psychedelic over him" - ANDY ROXBURGH

"I'm definitely maybe going to play Sturrock." -JIM (not Noel Gallagher) McLEAN

"We can beat anyone on our day - so long as we score." -ALEX TOTTEN

"He put his body between himself and the defender." - PAUL STURROCK

"We had enough chances to win this game, in fact we did win." -ALEX SMITH

"John Brown was on the dole two years ago working as a baker in Inverness." - COMMENTATOR

"Hearts are now playing with a five man back four." - ALAN MCINALLY

"Trevor Steven, who until recently was a former Rangers player..." - RADIO 4

"Jim McLean, one of the few managers who can physically lift a side." - ARTHUR MONTFORD

"I'm not convinced that Scotland will play a typically English game." - GARETH SOUTHGATE

"The lads ran their socks into the ground." - ALEX FERGUSON

"Nowhere in Europe, especially the world..." - ALEX FERGUSON

"If we can play like that every week we'll get some level of consistency." - ALEX FERGUSON

" ... I'm sure he will put it behind him." BOBBY WILLIAMSON on Scotsport discussing Jonathan Gould's blunder in scoring an OG against Dundee in April 2000 added 20/04/00

Thanx to Ian MacKenzie for sending in the above quote"I'd like to get more caps under my belt" - GARY McALLISTER added 07/05/01

"He knew exactly what was behind him there...which was nothing" - ANDY GRAY added 07/05/01

"The only other game on in Scotland today was in England" - MALCOLM WILSON added 07/05/01

"There'll be more football in a moment, but first we've got highlights of the Scottish League Cup" - GARY NEWBON added 07/05/01

"The Scots are really knocking it about to some tune" - ALISTAIR ALEXANDER added 07/05/01

"I think John Burridge eats cassettes before going out on the park" - GORDON McQUEEN
added 07/05/01

Oh, alright, so some of our lot, past and present, have ended up with their foot in their mouth too! In the interest of fair play, here's a selection (but we knew what they meant, of course!)
"Football's not like an electric light - you can't just flick the button and change from slow to quick." - JOHN GREIG

"I've lost count of the times I've played in that fixture. Each one was a memorable occasion." - TREVOR STEVEN

"We keep kicking ourselves in the foot" - RAY WILKINS

"The referee has a reputation for trying to make a name for himself." - GRAEME SOUNESS

"He [Brian Laudrup] wasn't just facing one defender -- he was facing one at the front and one at the back as well." TREVOR STEVEN

"Celtic manager Davie Hay still has a fresh pair of legs up his sleeve." - JOHN GREIG

"The beauty of Cup football is that Jack always has a chance of beating Goliath." - TERRY BUTCHER

"If we'd won, it would have meant an historic double-treble. But we weren't even thinking about that." - WALTER SMITH

"The main thing in a cup tie is to get through." - WALTER SMITH

"It was a big relief off my shoulder." - PAUL GASCOIGNE

"I never predict anything, and I never will." - PAUL GASCOIGNE

"I've had 14 bookings this season - 8 of which were my fault, but 7 of which were disputable" - PAUL GASCOIGNE

"If Gabriel Amato's shot had gone in, the result could have been different" - GIOVANNI VAN BRONCKHORST

"You cannot guarantee a thing in this game. All you can guarantee is disapointment." - GRAEME SOUNESS

"He's captain of Rangers and that's one of the reasons he's captain." - WALTER SMITH

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » football quotes 23 database queries in 0.0147870 seconds