corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 4ec1 running-in problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 4ec1 running-in problem
Cossie

User status: Offline
30th Aug 03 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have recentlu rebuild a 4ec1 unit and i am still in the running period about 350 k as i raise the dipstick there is no smoke but it coming out drop of oil someone sad that no good its true ? i have used semi synthectic oil mixed with some mineral oil !!
Kris TD

30th Aug 03 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the 1.5 td or 1.7 td engine?

you shouldnt mix oil, i use vauxhall 10w40 semi synthetic in mine.
miles

30th Aug 03 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you mean that oil is splashing out of the dip stick tube with the dip stick removed then I cant see why that would be bad, shows that a decent amount of oil is being sprayed onto the crank. No idea on these diesels though.

New Poll