corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Removing old headunit

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Removing old headunit
Stu_22

User status: Offline
11th Nov 03 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The bloody pug at the back want come out and my fingers are slowly being cut to bits where are the clips for it as I cant see a thing.

Dom

11th Nov 03 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you got the actualy headunit out? If so, i take your just left with the old cage yet with the vauxhall plugs at the back? Well to get the plugs out, you have to reach inside the cage and press the little plastic tabs, and then push the plus backwards using either your other hand (if you can get it down there) or with another finger. its not the easiest thing in the world though mate

Dom
p.s - the same goesfor the arial connector, although be very careful as the thing is dodgy and people have said that they fall apart quite easierly.
thekemp

11th Nov 03 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont forget the old cage will be bolted in . you will need a small exentention and socket to get it out of there
Stu_22

11th Nov 03 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No the plugs want let go and there's not enough slack to get the whole stereo out

Done the arial one but the others want budge.

Or do you have to leave the cage behind at first
Dom

11th Nov 03 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...what you should have done is wack in your removal keys and pulled out the HU (without the cage)..just grip the tape bit and rip it out. Then your left with the cage and sockets at the back. Then you get the plugs out the back by pressing the little plastic bits either side and push them out. Then bend the cage inwards, i didnt have any bolts on mine (although theres one on the back that might be screwed in), and pull it out.

Dom

[Edited on 11-11-2003 by VisibleMan]
paul_spurrell

11th Nov 03 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell me about the ariel. Broke mine on saturday. had to put a new end on
Stu_22

11th Nov 03 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh yes I remember now I have done this before and thought it wasnt this dificult before.
I have done everything right but when I uplled it the cage come out too.
Will be out there when its lighsee if I can seperate them both

New Poll