corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » DODGY DEALER WARNING

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author DODGY DEALER WARNING
GIBBS

User status: Offline
   27th Nov 03 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DODGY DEALER WARNING **BUY FROM DEALER AT OWN RISK**

Ok here’s the story,
On (15th September 2003) I purchased a Black 1995 BMW 328i Coupe from a company called Blitz Car Sales in Birmingham. I was told the car had an MOT and that he would send it on to me as he did not have it on him (I blame myself for being trusting) promptly 30 miles down the road on the motorway in traffic the car made a strange but loud high pitched whirring sound and then plumes of dark smoke was pouring out the back of the car. I then called upon the RAC who towed the car to the garage in the morning, they refused to take delivery so I had to get it towed back here. I then got the RAC to tow the car to an approved Warranty Car Mechanic’s and was found to have the oil regulator valve and another valve not working and also the thermostat had been removed and bleed valve was broken. These where all fixed for a cost of £250 (the warranty company would not pay out), problem solved I thought, it appeared the thermostat must have been taken out to make the car run cooler so to hide the head gasket problem, it again promptly fully went after a hundred or so miles. To avoid even more arguing with garage I fixed this myself for a total cost of £55 + loads of my time and labour of friends. However the sunroof and electrics are not working now either, I took the car to an auto electrician who then pulled out the alarm system as he told me in these exact words ‘it was a fire hazard and certainly not a CAT1 alarm as advertised) this came to a cost of £100, + I will need another CAT1 Alarm. The car I was told had an MOT so at the time I did not check for things such as tyres, the insides of the rear tyres where bald, handbrake does only work on one side and headlight was not operating properly (only a bulb). New Tyres cost me £225. Since the beginning I have been in contact with trading standards, police, citizens advice bureau and countless people helping out. I have also been in contact on numerous occasions on the phone advising him of what I will be doing, getting the car fixed to as stated on the add and them charging him for the moneys. I have sent emails, recorded delivery letters and phone calls throughout the amount of things being fixed, every time he has not replied to me, or has been extremely rude putting the phone down on me telling me to just take him to court if I want anything and hanging up etc. I have most recently sent an email got no reply as usual so I rung up, and was told by someone working there he is now in another country and does not know when he will be back. So regardless of this issue I have now sent a recorded delivery letter of total costs so far a day or so ago, and have given the company 7 days to pay up or I’ll be taking legal action. As you can understand this is just a pain in the a** and is not needed. I just want what moneys I have paid out. Can everyone please post this around the web, every forum, website etc. you know of. So more people know of the company in question and so no one else will have the troubles I have been having. As stated above! BUY FROM DEALER AT OWN RISK.

All help is GREATLY appreciated.

Companies Address :

Blitz Car Sales
11-15 Commercial Street
Birmingham
West Midlands
B1 1RS
Tel1216430044
Fax1216430044
Mob7967009353
Email: sales@blitzcarsales.co.uk

[Edited on 27-11-2003 by GIBBS]
Sam
Premium Member

27th Nov 03 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you should end him.
M2RTY

27th Nov 03 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate, hope u kept photocopies of all recipts
Mark Petty

27th Nov 03 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think u should go down to the garage and stand outside and tell his potential buyers what he has done to u.
GIBBS

27th Nov 03 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea got it all somewhere.
it's on 7 forums now. No one will buy from him soon.

Matt

admin.. can we sticky this please?
M2RTY

27th Nov 03 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gibbs, try cruise forums local to brum
GIBBS

27th Nov 03 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good idea M2RV cheers
Scott

27th Nov 03 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dogie dealer - mestonian
JJ

27th Nov 03 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How is the motor going now??? I had a 97 m3 evo with 64k, never missed a beat...
Sam
Premium Member

27th Nov 03 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Scott
dogie dealer - mestonian

You not got back what he took yet then?
vibrio
Banned

27th Nov 03 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm confused. he sold you a car it blew up down the road and he never took it back is there not somthing in the sale of goods act that protects you for things like that
Richie

27th Nov 03 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vibs i think that only applies with the distance selling regulations via mail order ect where it is not arguable.

He needs to check the invoice ect for terms + conditions really.
GIBBS

27th Nov 03 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vibrio.. yes there are laws... but if the dealer won't do it easily u have to take him to court etc etc.. to make him.

Matt
vibrio
Banned

27th Nov 03 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AustinPXX
Vibs i think that only applies with the distance selling regulations via mail order ect where it is not arguable.

no not distance selling, the fact the car broke down not long after he bought it.
Scott

27th Nov 03 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
quote:
dogie dealer - mestonian

not yet , suppose to be coming back today , but hes obviously spent it

out of my hands now the police and my soliciter are involved
M2RTY

27th Nov 03 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
Originally posted by AustinPXX

no not distance selling, the fact the car broke down not long after he bought it.

surly the car was not fit for the purpose intended when bought, id didnt even make it home!!!!

looking at all of the other shoddy work then id DEFO say it wasnt fit for the purpose.

dealers get around this by putting up a "sold as seen" sign which AS FAR AS I AM AWARE does NOT change the fact that they sold u a duff motor

ALSO - buying second hand goods carry the same gaurentee as new good, please see here.......
M2RTY

27th Nov 03 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FROM MY OTHER POST........

im sure if your buying 2nd hand goods then you have the same rights as if it was new

in this case, the car is classed as 2nd hand or used

i remember reading that some1 bought a washing machine and it blew up, was used and from a none trader, they went back to them, said it was faulty and not fit for the purpose that it was purchased for and you can demand money back (in a fixed perior of time) or fix/replace it

id look into this

QUOTE:

Consumer protection act 1987/General product safety regulations 1994
Part I and II of the act in conjunction with the general product safety regulations deal with unsafe goods. Part II tries to prevent or reduce the risk of consumers being injured by dangerous or faulty goods. The general product safety regulations say that traders who supply new or second-hand goods must make sure that those goods are safe. There are also special safety regulations, which say that many things may only be sold if they meet minimum safety standards - usually based on those set by British standards institution (BSI). These regulations also apply to second-hand goods but not to things bought at jumble, bring-and-buy or private sales. You may not be as well protected if you buy second-hand goods as you are when buying new goods from a trader.

i DEFINATLY have came across this now

the car was:

not safe
not fit for purpose
couds argue it was faulty also

GIBBS

27th Nov 03 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

M2RV, i've been told this by nearly every1 who knows what their talking about like you, trading standards lawyers police etc.. but at end of day if he refuses to do so, i have to take him to court, i think it's funny sometimes as he thinks i won't but i will and will cost alot more in the end if i take him to court as i'll claim for everything, expenses my time etc..

Matt
JJ

27th Nov 03 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HOW IS THE CAR GOING NOW???
Richie

27th Nov 03 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sam
quote:
dogie dealer - mestonian

not yet , suppose to be coming back today , but hes obviously spent it

out of my hands now the police and my soliciter are involved

Whats all this over?
GIBBS

27th Nov 03 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JJ
HOW IS THE CAR GOING NOW???

Car is O.K, still lots of little problems with it. I won't be buying bmw again.

Matt
M2RTY

27th Nov 03 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GIBBS
M2RV, i've been told this by nearly every1 who knows what their talking about like you, trading standards lawyers police etc.. but at end of day if he refuses to do so, i have to take him to court, i think it's funny sometimes as he thinks i won't but i will and will cost alot more in the end if i take him to court as i'll claim for everything, expenses my time etc..

Matt

aye mate, at the end of the day, he IS in the wrong and HE IS not going the right way about it.

just cos its the law dosent mean he's gonna stick by it, and in cases like this, court is the only way about it.

IMO u want to contact as many papers/locally/national/car mags/performance mags/and consumer protection mags/tv shows/radio shows to drum up as much negative advertising as possible

hit him where it will really hurt........in his pocket
Robbo

27th Nov 03 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sold as seen only applies to private... if hes a dealer/trader then its different

Gibbs,
Colin

27th Nov 03 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guy I know bought a Golf GTi private found out it was a cut and shut, an AA report reviled 2 A4 pages of faults on the car. Done a wee bit of research - found out the guy that sold it private also owns his own garage and is licensed as a trader, phoned the previous owner of the car, a lady - said the car had been in a bad rear end collision and Written off. Went to the police they couldn’t do nothing cos it was private sale - had to scrap the car lost the lot

[Edited on 27-11-2003 by Colin J]
CORSA NUT

27th Nov 03 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to hear about this mate

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » DODGY DEALER WARNING 22 database queries in 0.1534829 seconds