corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Crashed my new car last night

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Crashed my new car last night
Gary GSi

User status: Offline
   14th Dec 03 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I recently sold parts off my GSi and sold the shell to pay off some debt and get a cheapish run about with.
I bought a MK2 H reg Golf GTi on wednesday for £1100 got it taxed saturday morning and last night went out in it and stuffed it into some concrete fence posts. I handles like a runny turd compared to my Corsa. I was only insured TPFT so cant claim for the car but the company that own the land whos fence i broke will want to claim for the damage. Now i'm fucked, no car and no money to buy a car. It would cost more to repair the golf than what the cars worth so i am gonna take the engine out and scrap it i think.
I wish i kept my Corsa

Please offer some sympathy. No laughing faces please.
Adam-D

14th Dec 03 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go to the company and offer to pay yourself so it dont screw your ins up
any pics of the golf?

is it real bad cudnt u get a dogy golf thats got a blown egine or summit and swap the bits over
AndyW

14th Dec 03 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my golf handles shite too. any pics? how bad was damage u can pick spares up very cheap in scrappies etc.
Gary GSi

14th Dec 03 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have got pics of it on my phone but i dont know how to send them to hear. It needs a bonnet,2 wheels,wing,2 arches,grill,front bumper, drivers side rear door and window and the steering is well out. one wheel points forward and one out to the side. its also pushed a sill in and could of bent the floor behind the drivers seat.

[Edited on 14-12-2003 by Gary GSi]
AndyW

14th Dec 03 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate if u scrap it strip it n sell the parts i.e arches big bumpers etc make a bitta cash bck

this can go towards payin the damages u caused.
Gary GSi

14th Dec 03 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but i still think i will be on a push bike for a year until i save up some cash.
Ben
Banned

14th Dec 03 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how did the company know if it wa at night
Graham

14th Dec 03 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gary wheres bouts in lincoln dja do it then, thats harsh mate sorry to hear it, i saw ya on friday nite in ure corsa thought u sold it like last week tho.
Marc

14th Dec 03 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

e-mail the pics to yourself then save to harddrive then put in garage.
Gary GSi

15th Dec 03 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben
how did the company know if it wa at night

The security guard came out and took my details. He was ok about it,he was just doing his job. He had to put red and white tape accross the hole in the fence i made.
Gary GSi

15th Dec 03 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by incufan2k3
gary wheres bouts in lincoln dja do it then, thats harsh mate sorry to hear it, i saw ya on friday nite in ure corsa thought u sold it like last week tho.

I did it on Monks road near the Simons construction Depot just after the sharp bend,coming from outer circle road going into town. It couldnt of been me you saw on Friday,must of been someone else.

[Edited on 15-12-2003 by Gary GSi]
Gary GSi

17th Dec 03 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got letter about the damage to the fence . It basically says they are in the process of repairing it and will send me the bill and are looking for full reimbursement of costs.
vibrio
Banned

17th Dec 03 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A good reason to get fully comp. your insurance should cover teh fence post though
Gary GSi

17th Dec 03 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its not too much i would rather pay it out of my own pocket so as not to lose my no claims but i am fed up of waiting for other people to contact me. I havent told my insurence company about it yet,should i tell them even if i might not claim because then i could cancel it and not have to pay out any more money for a car i havent got on the road anymore. What do ya think i should do?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Crashed my new car last night 22 database queries in 0.0118659 seconds