corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » anyone with spax psx (or similar adjustable shocks)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anyone with spax psx (or similar adjustable shocks)
Bennn

User status: Offline
28th Dec 03 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bought a kit but was supplied with no adjusters
is the plastic circular adjuster to be used for both front and rear shocks or not?
ta
DP.

28th Dec 03 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got the rsx kit... i have no idea if the damper adjustment is the same on urs but if it is then at the top of the dampers on both front and rear theres like a lil nut that u can turn with a socket / spanner to change the setting.
broster
Premium Member

28th Dec 03 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i had then u adjust the front ones with the plastic handle thingy and the back ones sometimes come with a knob fiotted to the bottom of the shocks, facking backwards, or if they were like mine use a screwdriver to do it
TOMAS

28th Dec 03 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the bottom of the REAR dampers their is a little screw. adjust it by using a flat-blade screwdriver one way is hard the other way is soft. Did you not get any manuals in the kit?
Bennn

28th Dec 03 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

second hand chief
well - its never been on a car but its not direct from a supplier
ill just use a spanner on the front and driver on the rear. The way the adjuster on the rear is set up though it looks like a special tool is needed
Ill do it by trial and error anyway - cheers

[Edited on 28-12-2003 by Bennn]
Greg_M

28th Dec 03 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do you get all the shocks to the same level?
Bennn

28th Dec 03 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are all adjustable by 28 increments so put each shock on fully hard or fully soft then click them "X" amounts in the opposite direction

[Edited on 28-12-2003 by Bennn]
TOMAS

29th Dec 03 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah you just want to turn the little screw on the rears not the whole housing... I find 6clicks from soft were best on my rears but its all personal choice at end of day... Good luck mate any more probs U2U me as ive had the PSX kit before...

New Poll