corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mwahahaha, got some good news today!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mwahahaha, got some good news today!
dave17

User status: Offline
9th Jan 04 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically, on the 8th december the car wouldn start, flat battery. called the aa and he charged the battery and got it started fine. he then did a 'crank test' on the battery, and it failed miserably. he recccomended running the car on the driveway for 1/2, then should b ok to drive it. thought fair enough! got in the car later, went to turn on the radio, wouldn work, wouldn even power up! thogght ok, blown fuse! then i put the gar in a garage due to blown headgasket so didnt have it for bout a week or so. got the car back, changed the fuses in HU and fusebox, still no joy. so bought a new JVC one from halfords for £199.99. then rung the AA and explained the problem, they said ok, thats fine, get a quote from vaux for a replacement of the original and we should be able to cover costs! went to vaux 2day to get the quote, was expecting bout £150 ish. they told me it was £243.80! so sending off the quote (got the manager of the dealership to sign it) and am sendin it off 2mo! if it works out, i woulda got my new HU for free plus £43.81!!
Red_SXi

9th Jan 04 at 01:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one, now we all know why we have to pay so much for beakdown cover
dave17

9th Jan 04 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats true! jus spoke to a family friend who works for the AA and he said they SHOULD cover the full cost!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mwahahaha, got some good news today! 22 database queries in 0.0250161 seconds