corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Simple Sound Setup

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Simple Sound Setup
hornetcorsa

User status: Offline
9th Jan 04 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What I want to do is fit some good front and rear speakers in place of the shitty old ones in my cora b 5door. I'm not too interested in a sub at the moment, and I dont know too much about amps, so if you guys could recomend a good setup for speakers and tell us exactly what the amps do to the sound, would be greatful.

I aint looking to spend more than £300 on it all, already got HU, so its the front and rears and a good amp for my cash.

cheerz people
rob_watti

9th Jan 04 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for £300 punds u may struggle to get an amp to run 4 speakers. wot is the power of your headunit(usually around 50w x 4)? If u dont want a sub and dont intend on getting one you would probably be best getting some 6X9's for the rear. if you intend on getting a sub in the future put your money into getting some better front speakers like the boston acoustic's fs60 components which retail at about £140 then pick up an amp with the rest of your budget, thats jus my opinion anyway
Kris TD

9th Jan 04 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get some inifnity or alpine front speakers and amp to power them, then just get some replacement ones for the orignal position in the rear.

if it was me, or what i have done is amp some alpine type r's in the front, and got alpine type r sub in the back, no rear speakers, no need for them.
clarkie

9th Jan 04 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

an amp does exactly wat it implies, amplifies the sound. also allows u to get the most out of your speakers. e.g. ive got a sony h/u aproxx 52x4w and infinity 17cm door speakers which r 195w. they only sound good up to about 3/4 on the volume control, after then they start distorting, because the head unit isnt powerful enuf to run em, if i had a say 250w amp, i could listen to them alot louder
hornetcorsa

9th Jan 04 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kris TD, so youve just disconnected ur rears? and how much does thoes alpines speakers and sub retail at?

Cos ive really gotta stop at £300, I'm skint shitless at teh moment lol
Kris TD

9th Jan 04 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bought the amp (mrd m300) for the sub of ebay brand new for £125, sub was £85 from alpha car audio (10" alpine type r), front speakers are about £120 from caraudiosecurity.com then about 30 quid on wiring and 30 on a box and i had an old amp kicking around for the front speakers
corsa-sxi

9th Jan 04 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey kris, im hoping to get the same amp-sub setup...whats it like? does the mrdm300 handle it ok, im getting 12" version tho all inclusive for £295 for caraudiosecurity/alphacaraudio
Kris TD

10th Jan 04 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes its all very good, im very impressed, you get more than enough bass plus they are really clear and puncy get a decent box though and fibreglass up the insides of it

the mrdm300 was designed to run the type r subs so its perfect.
hornetcorsa

10th Jan 04 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

k So what dya think about this deal?
It's in MaxPower feb edition, under alpha car audio.

They are offering 600w JBL amp GTO4000 + 1000w JBL 12'' sub + JBL 6x9'' s way 300w + 18mm carpeted mdf box + amp kit for £195.

Is this any good? And if I buy this, will i not need front speakers?

And will the amp be good enough to run it all?

cheerz

[Edited on 10-01-2004 by hornetcorsa]
Kris TD

10th Jan 04 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

suppose you could do, then spend another 100 quid on front speakers, personally i owuldnt use 6x9's and a sub, it will trash the 6x9's and make the sound funny
hornetcorsa

10th Jan 04 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wonder if they will chop the deal around a bit, if i ask to change the 6x9 s for comps?.....

is the amp power full enough? and if i run comps, can tehy still come off the amp when its in the boot?

plus....sorry for all these beginner questions..... are JBL any good, SQ wise?

I dont wanna be stuck with lemons lol

[Edited on 10-01-2004 by hornetcorsa]
Kris TD

10th Jan 04 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my amp for front speakers is in the boot,
Garts

11th Jan 04 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

KrisTD wot sorta amp r u using to run ur front alpine components?

New Poll