corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » wiring up leds

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author wiring up leds
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Jan 04 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got sum leds off cobra, 6 or so blue ones, wanted2 do sumin with em on my dash. dont know where2 wire them2 though, they have a red and a black wire coming off them, i looked at wiring diagrams in haynes cant make no sense of them. any suggestions on where i could wire them 2?
clarkie

26th Jan 04 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the black 1 to earth, and the red 1 to a ignition feed(if u want them to work off the key) or another feed if u want em to work off then e.g. lights
Tom J
Premium Member

26th Jan 04 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what colour is the ignition feed then? wen i took the surround off there was a bundle of diff coloured wires? is one of them an earth wire
thekemp

26th Jan 04 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

easiest source for power is the ciggie lighter, take the ashtray out and there is an earth (black) and ignition live (brown)
Tom J
Premium Member

26th Jan 04 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

k im going to do it to the cig lighter, cheers just looked on maplin for a switch so i can turn them on and off theres loads of different ones. what type do i need
thekemp

27th Jan 04 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just get a rocker switch mate, if you want it on show get an illuminated one

New Poll