corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What will this sound like???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What will this sound like???
Voyto

User status: Offline
29th Jan 04 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Audiobahn AW1805Q

what will this sound like in comparrison to my old twin 12" subs? (Just one 18" rather than 2 12") has anyone heard these before?
TOMAS

29th Jan 04 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VERY low!! 18's are mad. Unless you want your car to be an SPL one-note-wonder I wouldnt bother. 15's will be plenty low enough for musical tastes. What music do you listen to? You will have a MASSIVE gap between your components/ midrange drivers and your sub and it will probably be VERY power hungry without looking at the stats.

With an 18" its all about feeling the music, it will do nothing for the ears, just shake everything around...
You probably wont even hear the beats of dance type music, as an 18 would be so slow it will probably be still trying to push out the beats of the previous track

Whats wrong with your two twelves?

[Edited on 29-01-2004 by TOMAS]
SteveW

29th Jan 04 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i wouldn't go any bigger than a 15" (which is what i have) You gould however get 2x15's

The 18's can keep up with the music but only just... For SPL stuff they are boss
Voyto

29th Jan 04 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i just want somethin different. was thinkin 2 x 15s but then thought its not gonna be enough. my mate has 2 x 15s and needs more now. mite as well get most while i buy now. what kinda amp would i be lookin at for that audiobahn? from the specs, it seems my my VP4 could run it but will it?
Voyto

29th Jan 04 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TOMAS
VERY low!! 18's are mad. Unless you want your car to be an SPL one-note-wonder I wouldnt bother. 15's will be plenty low enough for musical tastes. What music do you listen to? You will have a MASSIVE gap between your components/ midrange drivers and your sub and it will probably be VERY power hungry without looking at the stats.

With an 18" its all about feeling the music, it will do nothing for the ears, just shake everything around...
You probably wont even hear the beats of dance type music, as an 18 would be so slow it will probably be still trying to push out the beats of the previous track

Whats wrong with your two twelves?

[Edited on 29-01-2004 by TOMAS]

Nothin wrong with the 12's they just aint enough no more. sure they set some car alarms off but i have just got used to it. i want it to hurt on full volume
johns purple beast

30th Jan 04 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe try 4 15s with 4 amps runin them ?? thats would b loud ?
TOMAS

30th Jan 04 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say that two 12's will probably be louder than a single 18.... especially if its off the same amp. To be louder you really need more power in the first place so you'll want more amps aswell as an upgrade to the electrical system which would mean a larger altenator and possibly running uprated splitcharged battery/s. Hows about buying another VP4 and running for 12's ported in BIG box's...
M4tt

31st Jan 04 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 12s will be moving more air than one 18

New Poll