corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa C. Getting the bit off where the tweeter is!?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C. Getting the bit off where the tweeter is!?
Bonus

User status: Offline
7th Feb 04 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took my GF's corsa C to bits to day to fit her componets in front. Couldn't work out how to get the cover where the tweeter is off tho, (near the mirrors).

Got it off in the end just buy pulling it, this snapped a few of the clips tho. Is there an easier way to remove it other then snapping and replacing the clips each time. Looking at the layout of the clips you cant slide the cover any in any direction to remove it.

Is there an easy way to do this?!

Thanks.
diddon

8th Feb 04 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just pull more gently, did brake any of mine when I changed the mirrors
Bonus

8th Feb 04 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Umm. So no easy way im missing then.

I pulled it as gently as i could, but 2 of the clips snapped. The main problem is all the white clips stayed clipped to the car, so some how now got to get them out again so i can slide back into the cover to re-clip the cover on.
Melville

8th Feb 04 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah its a bitch mate, pull them off as gently as you can and then if any of the clips get stuck in you have to pull them out with a pair of pliers and a screw driver for leverage. No easy way tho really dude
Scotty_B

8th Feb 04 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly get some spare clips from Vauxhall, there very cheap. Then just pull the covers off.
neiliosxi

9th Feb 04 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bout 30p each thay are, had mine off loads of times and never broke any clips, just bad luck with them mate!
Bonus

9th Feb 04 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Neiliosxi, do the white clips stay in the cover then on ures or do u have to pull them out the car and refit into the cover?

Guess it was just bad luck. Got to get them off again next weekend so i will try again!

Cheers for the help people!

New Poll