corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ecu problem

Poll: ecu problem
  mba
  dta

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ecu problem
broster
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Feb 04 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok basically my ecu is dead and im left with the option of a new standard ecu, hum...rather not, or race type ecu. iv spoken to a number of tuners and they all recommend dta or mbe anyone on here know which is bext etc....?

when i put mba about i ment mbe lol!

[Edited on 19-02-2004 by broster]
shawboy

19th Feb 04 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what engine you got mate?
miles

19th Feb 04 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be MBE.

DTA and MBE are much of a muchness.

Find out which system the company that will map it prefer, and look into if you can get a map close to your application.

I've got DTA and get on with it fine, the software is easy to use, starts fine from cold etc.

Id reccomend Velos for the DTA, as they do a lot of work with these engines, but I think they charge £350 for a map...

You can get the DTA ecu cheapest from a guy on www.racecar.co.uk that sells them.

You can get a new ecu for £200, or probably one from a scrap yard for £20.

DTA is £550 for the ecu, £150 odd for a loom, plus £200-300 for a map. Not cheap.

You might also need a differnet coil, although a simple mod can allow you to use your original.
miles

19th Feb 04 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd also double check that your ecu is knackered, as its very easy for diagnostic places to blame it when they dont know.
broster
Premium Member

19th Feb 04 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it at northants motorsport, and has been with them for 2weeks now on and off to sort the problem, they know there stuff from what iv been told by many other vauxhall people so ill trust them.
broster
Premium Member

19th Feb 04 at 17:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv decided to go for a new ecu, not a standard one as id rather get it new, not a scrappy as from a scrappy i could have the same problem, also i have a superchip on my ecu, although it's not worth much power wise it made a bit of a difference and id rather not go down in power! the garage its at now, Northampton motorsport, have mapped both dta and mbe ecu's and have spftware for both, they also get on well with both types. im going to have a chat with him about it, but id like an idea what they are before i go see him as i dont know much about these types of management! basically im planning upon using my car as a track car when i finish uni, this mod was on my list sooner or later, but now the opertunity has come to do it now.
miles

19th Feb 04 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get your ecu checked for about £15. I'd do that before splashing out a grand or so on management. If you wanted it anyway then cool, but your superchipped ecu wull be worth something if it isn't broken.

If they are a motorsport place then they might not be all that experianced with standard management.

A £20 ecu might at least get you back on the road whilst you sort all the management stuff out.
Gavin
Premium Member

19th Feb 04 at 17:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

$2 broster... the offer is still up

pew pew pew pewwwww
broster
Premium Member

19th Feb 04 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i think ill go for it anyway and check the ecu out. if its ok then ill sell it. they have tried another ecu on my car and it stopped the problem that im having so its deffo broken tho! gunna get it sorted asap!
broster
Premium Member

19th Feb 04 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, gav sold!
Adam-D

19th Feb 04 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id say dta but thats coz its the only one i know of

either way itll fix ure car we hope
broster
Premium Member

19th Feb 04 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best do lol!
broster
Premium Member

19th Feb 04 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any one like vibrio want to comment? or andy?

[Edited on 19-02-2004 by broster]
broster
Premium Member

20th Feb 04 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt for people in the know
spinsk

20th Feb 04 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah ur cars fukked mate!! go for a nova or summit aint worth moddin your's anymore
broster
Premium Member

20th Feb 04 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok mate, ill keep that in mind!
broster
Premium Member

20th Feb 04 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u STD man!
spinsk

21st Feb 04 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

STI get it right!!!!!!
broster
Premium Member

21st Feb 04 at 13:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

decided to junk my engine, take all my bits off it, buy a 1.6 16v with ecu and loom, chuck all that in abd stick all my bits back on the 1.6 16v along with some kent cams, see where that gets us!

New Poll