corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cars that hav been written off?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cars that hav been written off?
Stingray

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 04 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive found a car that i want and the bloke selling it has told me that its been classed as a category D write off. has been bak on the road 4 over 2 years, but just wondered how they go about gettin it bak on the road? once it was repaired who makes sure that its safe? does it just hav 2 pass an MOT or wot? i had it checked over & ive been told that everything is ok.
any help wud b gr8,
matt
Kerry

22nd Feb 04 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.car-crime.com/accident_history.htm

found this site it may be of help to u
JUGGA

22nd Feb 04 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they will need to go through a VIC check. read here... http://www.via.gov.uk/vehicle_testing/vic/vic_scheme.htm
Dan
Premium Member

22nd Feb 04 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just 2 say, as most of u know i wrote my corsa off, well the procedure for getting it back is as follow....

repair all mechanical faults
body damage that contains sharp edges etc must be repair

then take car 2 mot

then 2 a vic check

if all goes well then issue u a certificate, and its logged as accident repaired.

2 check it has had a vic check, ring up VOSA and ask about it

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Colin

22nd Feb 04 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing wrong with buying one as a financial write off (Cat D)dosnt mean the car is fucked just 60% or more of the cars value - remember cars cost alot in parts and to fix!!!!

As long as it has the certificates etc I wouldnt be put off!!!

Only downside is it wont be worth as much when you come to sell it. You should get it for a good price in the first place tho

What kind of car out of interest???
ainsley_brader

22nd Feb 04 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cat D doesnt need a vic literally goes straight back on the road doesnt even need an mot if less than 3 yrs old.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cars that hav been written off? 23 database queries in 0.0094979 seconds