corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Spraying cost for accident repair.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Spraying cost for accident repair.
Makarus

User status: Offline
26th Feb 04 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a slight accident today, meant that I need to replace some parts.

All front end damage, but what kinda price would I be looking for a full front end respray in a standard manufacturer colour??

All the damage is to the left, but for matching purposes I would need to get the front sprayed, would the doors also need flicking over to ensure a colour match or would a good enough place be able to do it with just the parts??

Cheers,
Sean.
Colour-Tec Coachworks

26th Feb 04 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any good bodyshop will replace all the front parts then mask up to the half way point of the door... this allows the painter to blend the paint finish and get a perfect match.
However, something to watch is that no structural damage has occured... corsa's are like chocolate, a bad wind will knock them out of allignment
So in other words if this has happened the car will need reparied with a jig, dozzer, robotic rotary body repairer what have you.

Price wise, get some pics up and i will help ya out.

[Edited on 26-02-2004 by Colour-Tec Coachworks]
Kris TD

26th Feb 04 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate hit a kerb sideways in his corsa not even going particually quick, bent the chassis
Makarus

26th Feb 04 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a Civic not a Corsa so structurally it seems fine, got it checked over quickly.

The damage actually doesn't look that back, the headlight is smashed but the bonnet is only slightly bent where it hit, the wing needs replacing as it buckled but still isn't really that bad, and the front bumper has been nudged down but it appears it can be fitted up again properly.

I have got to wait to see what to do regarding insurance, but if I can keep it out of insurance I will, costing me £190 for replacement parts down a scrappie, then £400 for a respray which should sort it nicely. But if their repair bill is too mcu then I will put it all through insurance.

New Poll