corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » i want a new job :(

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author i want a new job :(
M4tt

User status: Offline
16th Mar 04 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want a new job, i sit in a crappy office all day doing payroll and i hate it now.

i have my hand in every payroll we do and i have my own payroll im responisble for - just stop me dyng from bordem

I was only hired as a Admin assistant, not Payroll assistant, i get £3500 less per year than the payroll assistants, i am experienced in 12 payrolls where as they can only do 2-3

i have only been there for 6 months and have picked it up pretty quick by the looks of things, but it takes the piss that i get so little money in comparison

I want to do a different job where i don't sit on my arse all day in an office, i can feel myself turning into a FAT BASTARD

n e suggestions?

I really don't want to be stuck in an office

im 21 BTW, with just A-levels ( not very good at that )

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

16th Mar 04 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well what are you into? what interests you?

robtj

16th Mar 04 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

swap then i am bored and pissed off with building mini's all day need something with sensible hours unlike tomo i am working 5am - 4:15pm
M4tt

16th Mar 04 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what i really would like to do is something with cars...

but i don't want to be a car salesman.

i like doing things with my hands, but i feel im too old to get n e training etc for mechanics etc.

what else is there? i've neva been clued up on jobs
M4tt

16th Mar 04 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by robtj
swap then i am bored and pissed off with building mini's all day need something with sensible hours unlike tomo i am working 5am - 4:15pm

i'd love to do that mate

but not if its the same thing day in day out.....

what s the money like?
the_legend_of_yrag

16th Mar 04 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mechanics will be shite pay though till fully trained.

Was thinking of doing an aprentiship but ended up getting factory work as pay is better!
M4tt

16th Mar 04 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just look at peps in my office and think i don't want to turn out like them....

they are so boring and predictable, there's no variation in what i do, my hours neva change, its shite

M4tt

16th Mar 04 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought about joining the police too.

not 100% though
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

16th Mar 04 at 23:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look at the website then, have a good read throught it all and see if you like the idea of it. Only live once so you dont want to be stuck in a job which you dont enjoy.
bubble

16th Mar 04 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mechanics is quality cuz the qualifications u get help loads for other jobs
Nath

16th Mar 04 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm applying to join the Police one day. Not yet though as i have it easy where i am and i think a promotion is coming my way soon I'm only 20 so theres no rush to do anything career like just yet.
M4tt

16th Mar 04 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux

yeha i'd love to do it but i can only find things like apprentice mechanics for people 16-18, im 21 now

don't suppose you know if vaux take us oldies on
AndyW

16th Mar 04 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate what bout labouring? or summat sounds crap but ive done it a few times n its usually quite a laugh, and moneys not too bad either. usually heavy hard work. but keeps u on ur toes n usually summat different?
M4tt

16th Mar 04 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
I'm applying to join the Police one day. Not yet though as i have it easy where i am and i think a promotion is coming my way soon I'm only 20 so theres no rush to do anything career like just yet.

Thats my thinking too mate, i want some experience of other things b4 i jump into something like the police!

M4tt

16th Mar 04 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah labouring sounds alrite, least i won't be stuck on my arse all fukin day!

how do you go about getting into these sort of jobs, i don't really know n e one doing these things
bubble

16th Mar 04 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M4tt
quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux

yeha i'd love to do it but i can only find things like apprentice mechanics for people 16-18, im 21 now

don't suppose you know if vaux take us oldies on

yeah its equal oppurtunitys. cant restrict on age sex or race etc
AndyW

16th Mar 04 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yeah labouring sounds alrite, least i won't be stuck on my arse all fukin day!

how do you go about getting into these sort of jobs, i don't really know n e one doing these things

just ask mates etc, u must know ppl or friends will know ppl like decoraters plasterererererers lol.
anything like this...or just go to a worksite n ask around?

a friend of a friend is askin for a labourer to help him, £50 a day cash in hand. shud b a laugh.. im gonna ring him thurs n find out about it.
Nath

quote:
quote:

Thats my thinking too mate, i want some experience of other things b4 i jump into something like the police!

They prefer a bit of life experience first. How many policeman do you see at 20 years old? Not many. I'm gonna wait a year or so. There's always going to be a demand for Policeman. Check out the Policecouldyou website and read up. I think it'll be a great career as its different everyday, except for the first 2 years. Training, training, training...................... And think of the pension
M4tt

even a coriour seems better than what im doing
M4tt

16th Mar 04 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

They prefer a bit of life experience first. How many policeman do you see at 20 years old? Not many. I'm gonna wait a year or so. There's always going to be a demand for Policeman. Check out the Policecouldyou website and read up. I think it'll be a great career as its different everyday, except for the first 2 years. Training, training, training...................... And think of the pension

Yeah i got the application form on my desk, but i cna't fill it out yet cause i don't have the life experience really.

pensions amazing init, my mums boyfriends been a copper for 23 years, retiring soon
Nath

16th Mar 04 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah i got the application form on my desk, but i cna't fill it out yet cause i don't have the life experience really.

pensions amazing init, my mums boyfriends been a copper for 23 years, retiring soon

I got an app form for The Met once but i dont fancy the commuting. I'm gonna try for Thames Valley first, then Beds. Thames Valley is meant to be hard to get into.
M4tt

17th Mar 04 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got one for hertfordshire cause i hate london

plus i don't fancy getting knifed up in brixton or sumin
AndyW

17th Mar 04 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will be joinin the police eventually but not yet! im only 18 and want to live a lttle first
M4tt

17th Mar 04 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers every1 i feel better now, got loadsa ideas in the pot.

keep em coming though

my mum goes mad at me about this, she thinks my payroll job is a career and i'd be stupid to leave it like hell im staying there much longer.....
AndyW

17th Mar 04 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well my dad just keeps moanin cos i aint gotta job! its not as if im not trying to find one tho. i just dont think i cud sit in an office all day like u say doin the same shit day in day out

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » i want a new job :( 22 database queries in 0.0139821 seconds