corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Wisdom teeth

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wisdom teeth
stevegreetham

User status: Offline
19th Mar 04 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have been booked into my dentist for an emergency op on my wisdom tooth(removed, gums cut and stitched back up). its suddenly started to grow(since saturday) and its blistered my gums and now i look like a hampster storing food in its mouth. i yawned a minute ago and one of the swelled blisters popped and now its bleeding quite badly.
any advice for the pain and the hampster cheeks?
good thing is that i have a weekened job and i'm meant to be there tonight but as i am dealing with the public they have given me the shift off...paid
stevegreetham

19th Mar 04 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

o yer, forgot to mention.....i have been drinkin hot whater with salt in. takes the pain away for about half an hour but then it comes back worse lol
Mad Moe

19th Mar 04 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had all for of mine taken out at the same time, before they got through, because there wasn't enough room and believe me that was pain. I used to eat Ice lollys and Ice cubes and stuff to try and numb the pain if that fails the pain killers you get of the hospital are awesome.
stevegreetham

19th Mar 04 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, am gonna make some ice cubes in a sec then.
were u awake when u removed them? am gonna ask my dentist if i can be put to sleep while he does it coz i've never had any fillings or teeth removed and cant be doing with his prick in my mouth while i am awake
Mad Moe

19th Mar 04 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to go to hospital and have a general anesthetic bceause the had to remove part of my lower jaw to get at the bottom ones had 38 stitches inside my mouth, fucking agony I tell you!
stevegreetham

19th Mar 04 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuk me, 38?
if ya ask to be put to sleep while they do it can ya be?
Mad Moe

19th Mar 04 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suspect if they are going to stitch it they will probably knock you out however I dont know what the procedure is like for just one because of my sadist dentist thinking it was a good idea to remove all 4 at once I swear I felt liking hunting him down after the operation

[Edited on 19-03-2004 by Mad Moe]
BlueCorsa

19th Mar 04 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stevegreetham
fuk me, 38?
if ya ask to be put to sleep while they do it can ya be?

Usually they can do it under general, but prefer to only give local anaesthetic cos it's safer. I had one of my wisdoms taken out a couple of years ago, was going to have general but they persuaded me to have just local, and it hurt like fcuk afterwards, couldn't eat properly, was too painful to shave, permanently had an icepack strapped to my face....!

T
stevegreetham

19th Mar 04 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, yer...i just spoke to my dentist to see if i could get it sorted out sooner, he sed that if its not any better tomoz then i'll have to visit the hospital
MULLER2

19th Mar 04 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had mine removed about a year ago - got completely knocked out at the dentist! bugger somebody sticking needles in my mouth! lol
Gavin
Premium Member

19th Mar 04 at 17:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats funny cos one of my wisdom teeth has come through even more...

last time i went to the dentist he sed that my teeth are perfect but i will have problems with my wisdom teeth.

the one side is hurting abit as the gum is cuming over the top of the tooth, nothing abit of bonjela will solve....
should caml down in a couple of days!

pew pew pew pewwwww
sassyminx

19th Mar 04 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

owww steve hope ur ok mate, hows the lights goin
Gavin
Premium Member

19th Mar 04 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does sound fucking painful

pew pew pew pewwwww
stevegreetham

19th Mar 04 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quick update: just bin to the hospital, they have given me the strongest painkillers they are allowed to without me staying in. On the list to have it removed at the hospital, gum has to be cut and wil need stitches...he also said that if it stays small then sum jaw work may be needed
sassyminx: lights are fine now, dropped the cunting spanner tho so had to take half me car apart to get it back...tip for the day: have your spanner attatched to sum string

[Edited on 19-03-2004 by stevegreetham]
AdamF
Premium Member

19th Mar 04 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went to hostpital to have mine out under general. they had imbedded them selfs in the gum took an hour to get them both out i couldnt talk for a week.
stevegreetham

19th Mar 04 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might seem like a silly question but is general where they put you to sleep?
i just want it out now, getting it done on the nhs tho which means waiting. unless i let my marine careers officer know coz he might then be able to get me put nearer to the frot of the list....i'll send him an email
AdamF
Premium Member

19th Mar 04 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah general is asleep. i had it done privately so didnt have to wait
stevegreetham

19th Mar 04 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer, me dads in bupa, i used to be but am not sure if i am any more, i'll ask him when he gets home from work
AdamF
Premium Member

19th Mar 04 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well worth it if you are mate was like a hotel. the only thing that resembled at hospital was the operating theatre
Dave

19th Mar 04 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had three now, they hurt like hell on and off for weeks when they are coming through but they are still in there and are fine now.
stevegreetham

19th Mar 04 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have any of you guys had the 'hampster cheeks' it is really taking the piss, one side of my face looks all slim and the other side looks like i have eaten too many pies
AdamF
Premium Member

19th Mar 04 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i had hamster cheeks mate
stevegreetham

19th Mar 04 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, am not the only one!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Wisdom teeth 23 database queries in 0.0130072 seconds