corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa C ECU probs.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C ECU probs.
--DAN--

User status: Offline
   22nd Mar 04 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right my old man noticed a couple of weeks ago that his 1.0l 12v C was misfiring every now and again. After a few days the Engine Management light came on. So he took it to Vaux, who read the fault code and said it would be either the o2 Sensore or the Dis Pack. But to give it a week, wait for it to log a code and then go back so they knew exactly what was wrong. Anyway, the EM light has not come on since. So my dad took it to Vaux today, they read it anyway, and apparently there was a code there which basically says the ECU is shagged. £600 for a new one. The cars only done 25k, and is just over three years old. Anybody heard of this before?

Sorry bout the essay.
Mattb

22nd Mar 04 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but if its only done 25k and is just ovwr 3 years old, surly vaux will either replace it free of charge as a goodwill gesture or pay some towards it.

i dont know how the warrenty works at vaux but at v-dub its 3 years or 60k, and alot of the time we ring up customer care as a car is reletivly low mileage and they either pay for it or go halves with the customer...
it would be unfair to expect someone to pay out for an ecu on a relativly new car.
hope this helps
bubble

22nd Mar 04 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-dan
Right my old man noticed a couple of weeks ago that his 1.0l 12v C was misfiring every now and again. After a few days the Engine Management light came on. So he took it to Vaux, who read the fault code and said it would be either the o2 Sensore or the Dis Pack. But to give it a week, wait for it to log a code and then go back so they knew exactly what was wrong. Anyway, the EM light has not come on since. So my dad took it to Vaux today, they read it anyway, and apparently there was a code there which basically says the ECU is shagged. £600 for a new one. The cars only done 25k, and is just over three years old. Anybody heard of this before?

Sorry bout the essay.

vaux will pay 100% if full service history, and yes random misfire can b down to the ecu.

New Poll