corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Quick question about viper induction kits.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Quick question about viper induction kits.
corsa_u_can

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 04 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been looking into these kits for a while and i was wondering could i just buy a kit for say a saxo and fit it to my corsa. They all look identical, i was just thinking all i would have to do is modify the connecting pipe?
whitter45

23rd Mar 04 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it depends if they are all the same size. correct me if im wrong but the induction kits fit in a totally different position on saxo engines than corsa's so the actual dimensions of the kit may be different and may not fit in the corsa engine bay space
MattyB

23rd Mar 04 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes. It wont necessarily come with all the right fixings and induction pipe size, but its very easy to get hold of pipes so that they do fit.

It depends how much u'd be saving tho....ie: if u got a mate selling a saxo one for like £150 then go for it. If its like £20 cheaper, then theres no point.

Matt
corsa_u_can

23rd Mar 04 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh thats what i was thinking, the saxo viper has this pipe thinking coming out of the side but i thought i could just bung it up. The actual induction cone(if thats the right word) seems to be the same for all of them, just the extension/connector pipe might be the wrong size but a jubilee clamp could probably sort that.
Kris TD

23rd Mar 04 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ben, waste of money, borrow my spare drilled airbox and see wat you think.
corsa_u_can

23rd Mar 04 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know, i know ive been told before drilled airbox! lol. Just think the vipers look sweet. . Howse your car coming along by the way? Done anything more 2 it? Thanks for the offer about the drilled airbox might take u up on it!
Kris TD

23rd Mar 04 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the money you would spend on a viper, its halfway to getting a velos torque tube.

cars coming along alright now. at least its all been sprayed now.
corsa_u_can

23rd Mar 04 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool done anymore to the engine? Shall i give you a call about the airbox as i will probably give it a go? Gonna get a torque tube when my uni loan comes through! lol
Kris TD

23rd Mar 04 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm, not too the engine yet, i took delievery of a new intercooler last week, things is massive
corsa_u_can

23rd Mar 04 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool. i will come round and have a look at it soon. So shall i give you a call about the airbox?
Kris TD

23rd Mar 04 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah sure, get my number off pete or just turn up, im at home till bout 7.45

New Poll