corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FAO guys with pc knowledge

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FAO guys with pc knowledge
mossy

User status: Offline
28th Mar 04 at 03:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my pc is running slow as fuck.....i havent got many programs on it and dont save mp3s and big files or games on it...like wen i type it appears a second later, or opening programs or web pages takes minutres rarther than seconds...even opening the windows atart menu takes a while.....what can i try to sort this??cheers in advance for any help
T.CorsaSRI

28th Mar 04 at 03:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, i know this might sound a bit weird... but how about openeing your PC tower and hoovering it up carefully for the dust... youll be azmazed how much dust you find in there.

Same thign happened to me, slow programs, slow web page loading and mouse orientation is distorted. Also when listening to tunes, they become slow lol

Once i cleaned and hoovered the inside of my computer, everything ewas alright! plus the fan didnt go crazy! It was really quiet
Houckham

28th Mar 04 at 03:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WTF!
Cybermonkey

28th Mar 04 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the amount of dust is completely irrelevant to how a PC performs. What you need to do is a disk cleanup, defragment the drive, then run a program called regclean which removes all the duplicates and rubbish from your windows registry. If it continues to screw up, you should format the hard drive and start a-fresh. It would be nice and quick then. It could possibly be that you have an old computer running new programs, which slows it down a hell of a lot. Look into purchasing some more RAM or look into a new processor or GFX card.
Craig6682

28th Mar 04 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a look inside the PC and check that all the fans are working. It could be that your CPU is slowing down due to it over heating. If this is not the prob then format it.
Siberia

28th Mar 04 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should never hoover a pc out. It creates static with can dammage your pcs circuitry.

blow it out with an air line a format it reinstall windows and u'll be laughin.
Cybermonkey

28th Mar 04 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

craig, if his fan is not working, he wont have a working computer, his cpu would have melted after a short while
Siborg

28th Mar 04 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not necessarily monkey. Pentium 4's slow themselves down when they become too hot. A pentium 4 will never melt unless the temperature sensor built into it fails.
Paul

28th Mar 04 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
the amount of dust is completely irrelevant to how a PC performs. What you need to do is a disk cleanup, defragment the drive, then run a program called regclean which removes all the duplicates and rubbish from your windows registry. If it continues to screw up, you should format the hard drive and start a-fresh. It would be nice and quick then. It could possibly be that you have an old computer running new programs, which slows it down a hell of a lot. Look into purchasing some more RAM or look into a new processor or GFX card
Actually the amount of dust would affect PC preformance especially if its lodged on the fan blades as it retards the fans effectiveness, and so would lead to the heat disserpation of the heat sink being significantly reduced. Now its quite obvious that if teh cpu gets hot it won't run as it should and so will reduce performance although the above is also true
Siborg

28th Mar 04 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's slow when you first start your PC up, within the first minute or two, then it's probably not a heat problem. If it runs fine for the first minute or so, then degrades in performance after, than it'll be a problem with the CPU fan having failed.
Dom

28th Mar 04 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do what cybermonkey said mate, Disk clean up, scandisk, regclean, then defrag (in that order) And whilst at it run the windows update and update your anti-virus and run that too. Also uninstall anything you do need mate thats what i do and my system has been fine for the last 2 years...havnt reinstalled yet
Cybermonkey

28th Mar 04 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul
quote:
the amount of dust is completely irrelevant to how a PC performs. What you need to do is a disk cleanup, defragment the drive, then run a program called regclean which removes all the duplicates and rubbish from your windows registry. If it continues to screw up, you should format the hard drive and start a-fresh. It would be nice and quick then. It could possibly be that you have an old computer running new programs, which slows it down a hell of a lot. Look into purchasing some more RAM or look into a new processor or GFX card
Actually the amount of dust would affect PC preformance especially if its lodged on the fan blades as it retards the fans effectiveness, and so would lead to the heat disserpation of the heat sink being significantly reduced. Now its quite obvious that if teh cpu gets hot it won't run as it should and so will reduce performance although the above is also true

The chances of the fan being lodged up with dust is minute, it spins so fast that minimal dust settles on the blades and central unit.
Cybermonkey

28th Mar 04 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siborg
Not necessarily monkey. Pentium 4's slow themselves down when they become too hot. A pentium 4 will never melt unless the temperature sensor built into it fails.

And what if he has an older type P3/P2, or even a Duron/Athlon?? It is common fact that Athlon boards are incapable of slowing the processor down fast enough after fan failure, and even with a decent heatsink, the CPU, especially the early type thunderbird athlons, melt down and actualy catch fire with around 10 seconds of fan failure. Athlons run very very hot,much hotter than P4's, so a top of the line heatsink/fan is detrimental to keeping processor heat down. Also a good exhaust and fan for the case back and front is ideal.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FAO guys with pc knowledge 22 database queries in 0.0112040 seconds