corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » different boot install question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author different boot install question
Mo

User status: Offline
15th Apr 04 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm building my own boot install and i've cut out the shape of boot and the place where the back seats went. this is where all the speakers are gonna be flushed into.

the question is am i suppose to build a box underneath the top layer where everything sits on. or do u use the floor of the car?

what i was orignally gonna do was make a boot shaped table, so it has legs and it's off the car floor, then then just flush the speakers into the face of the table and use the floor of the car for the speakers to deflect off. Would that work?

cheers
gibspeed

15th Apr 04 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unfortunately would not work unless you can get hold of some Free Air subs that dont need a proper box believe jbl and kenwood do these. should look good though.

if you want level the floor can build a boxand have the floor higher up with longer legs for the corners will get similar affect, personally would go for the extra effort as better quality.

also use loads of sound deadening.
Mo

15th Apr 04 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will be sound deadend properly. so your suggesting i should built boxes underneath?

what's the proper way of building a full boot install?
AdiSRI

15th Apr 04 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u really want sealed boxes uderneath the right volume for the subs u have, then build a top to flush and cover over the boxs if u wish.
Mo

15th Apr 04 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys. it's working out alot harder than i thought! the top had been done all i gotta do now is build the boxes underneath.

this install is gonna weigh about 10 stone
AdiSRI

15th Apr 04 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine did was a good 10-15mm lower afterwards lol.

New Poll