corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » private reg question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author private reg question
SetH

User status: Online
23rd Apr 04 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reet my Veccy came with a private reg which ive had valued at £400, it is now for sale on the reg transfers site. My question is what if i wanted to buy another reg in the meantime and have this registered to my car, would this affect selling the old one?
AK

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 04 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope, youd just have to pay the transfer fee sooner rather than later

eh...... shit... you may have to pay to keep the old plate on retention
leeshez

23rd Apr 04 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope put the old one on retention
SetH

User status: Online
23rd Apr 04 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by leeshez
Nope put the old one on retention

ok im thick though, what would that involve and what does it mean?
Foz

23rd Apr 04 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always wondered when you keep a private plate for say another car do you have to pay to put the original one back on or just the £80 to transfer the private one?
Colin

23rd Apr 04 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£105 to take the plate off and retain it for a year, then £25 a year to retain it for another year etc
corsa-sxi

23rd Apr 04 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Foz
I always wondered when you keep a private plate for say another car do you have to pay to put the original one back on or just the £80 to transfer the private one?

i think that they issue u with another plate depending on the year, the original one becomes void?
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Apr 04 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It only becomes void if you do not apply to remove it, which you would do.

Take the original one off first, put on retention. This costs 80 to transfer and 25 to retain = 105. The 80 quid is the assignment fee basically meaning that you can then put this on another vehicle for nothing, assuming the details of the retention are the same as the registered keeper of the car you're transferring it on to - if not then a further 25 quid to update the details. You'll need to build the 80 quid you've payed in to the sale as this would otherwise be a cost to the buyer.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » private reg question 22 database queries in 0.0099969 seconds