corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ibiza- San Antonio Town

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ibiza- San Antonio Town
stubbsy05

User status: Offline
4th May 04 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like me and the lads may be going here for a week in June this year. Been a nightmare sorting out time when we're all available.

Whats everyones views on Ibiza? I went to Playa D'en Bossa last year and stayed opposite Space. I thought it was wicked. Still a buzzing Island with plently of potential. Lots of women too hopefully!
SetH

4th May 04 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think i sent you quite a few U2U`s regarding this before! u still got em?
stubbsy05

4th May 04 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still got em mate I think! Just checking.

The Island should be buzzing agin this year too though shouldn't it? Plenty of women?

I never made it out of Playa D'en Bossa to San Antonio last year, as I was with ex girlfriend chilling!
SetH

4th May 04 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night_i.htm

Dood that along with my u2u`s is all the info you will ever need on ibiza.
Ojc

4th May 04 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I stayed in Playa En Da Bosa as well, what a shithole
Tom

4th May 04 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmmm

Help I am an Ibiza Virgin!
This is for all you folks who have never been to Ibiza before. A small explanation of the club scene and how it works.

In a nutshell: you watch the sunset or go out to eat, then into town for some drinks, mingling and maybe a dance and then on to one of the clubs for the big night with your favourite DJ.

The Clubs Themselves
There are 7 major clubs on Ibiza:

Amnesia - located in the middle of the island, near San Rafael
Eden - located on the waterfront in San Antonio
El Divino - located in the Ibiza Marina
Es Paradis - located on the waterfront in San Antonio
Pacha - located very near the Ibiza Marina
Privilege - located in the middle of the island, near San Rafael
Space - located in Playa d'en Bossa, near the beach. Space is most famous as an after hours disco - i.e. it opens in the morning (although it also has good night time parties).
There are many smaller clubs, such as DC10, Konga, Summum and Extasis; and many music bars, where you can dance, such as Bora Bora (more of a beach bar really), KM5 and AK Morgana

However, most of the famous parties take place in the 7 clubs mentioned above.

The Promoters
Almost every night, every one of these 7 clubs is hired out to external promoters, who are then responsible for the music, the DJs and the decoration. This means that the music played in each club varies from night to night and promoter to promoter.

Examples:

Cocoon is responsible for Monday nights at Amnesia. They are a techno night, and as such, only techno DJs are booked to play (Sven Väth, Richie Hawtin, etc). Zenith is responsible for Saturday nights at Amnesia. They hire DJs like Sneak and Armand Van Helden, and as such, you are likely to hear only house music on Saturday nights in Amnesia.

Twice as Nice is responsible for Thursday nights at Es Paradis, and as such, UK Garage is the music played. Whereas on Friday last year, Disco Inferno is responsible for the night, with disco, funk and soul music.

Just to confuse the issue...

Of course in reality it is not as simple as that. All of the clubs, with the exception of El Divino, have a 'Back Room' or alternative area, which usually plays different music to the Djs in the main room. So even if you are a die-hard techno freak at Cocoon on a Monday evening, you can always saunter on out to the Amnesia Terrace to hear funky house.

The classic example is Space - famous for techno and trance inside and Balearic house music outside on the terrace - the best of both worlds.

N.B.

If you look closely at our club listings, you will see the same DJs playing different clubs on different nights....well it's pretty obvious that the same sort of music will be played on these different nights, in spite of them being in different clubs.

That is why we recommend experimenting! Don't just blindly follow the masses to hear the same DJ play the same tunes on 3 different nights of the week.

Our advice:
First of all check out our club guides, where you can get a feel for the different clubs, to see which one you might like to visit.
Bookmark our club news page, which is updated daily in the summer, and browse through our archived news stories, to find out what is hot and what is not.
Check out our tips and tricks page, which is a must-read before you come. It will save you time and money.
Check out our clubbing forums - don't be afraid to ask any question you like - there are many regular visitors who will be happy to help.
When you are here, don't be afraid to ask other clubbers what they recommend. It really is a very friendly atmosphere on the island. Go to the Sunset Strip in San Antonio or the Port of Ibiza Town and chat to other like minded people - ask their advice!
Club news
Tips and tricks
Ask for advice in the clubbing forums

The Music Bars:
Another very important part of the Ibizan club scene are the many music bars in the resorts and around the island, where clubbers go to warm-up for their coming nights out or to listen to music and dance in a more relaxed (and cheaper) atmosphere.

Most of these bars have free entry and cheaper drinks, but still have great local (and guest) DJs spinning the same tunes you will hear out in the clubs. See pre-club bars and resort guides to see which bars we recommend.

Most of the bars do not get going until after 24.00, so come prepared for a long and late night session ;-)

Special mention must go to the Sunset Cafés along the Calo des Moro in San Antonio ('Sunset Strip'). There you can watch the romantic sundown and later dance on the beach to your favourite DJ.
See San Antonio guides for more info
t44rnt

4th May 04 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 of my mates left today for 6 months. they have gone 2 san antino bay. lucky cUnts
Tracey

4th May 04 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i stayed in San Antonio bay
which is just accross the road- got a boat taxi for £1 to get across
which was cool coz the night life is still on your doorstep- but yet- if you stay in one night and wanna sleep, you can do coz you havent got all the noise from the night life outside your hotel

went to eden, es-paradise (sp) and the westend streets there are awesome
you can get a bus/coach which will take you to the other side to get to amnesia (sp) pacha etc, so everywhere is still easy to get too- coz they have bus/coaches that pick you up and go everywhere
Lynny

4th May 04 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i stayed in san antonio bay, absolutly lovd it, hopefully me and andy stocker will be going in june
miss16v

4th May 04 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

San An is quality- Cafe del Mar is a must for chillout music and the best sunsets you will ever see!

quote:
Originally posted by Alex.S
Looks like me and the lads may be going here for a week in June this year. Been a nightmare sorting out time when we're all available.

Whats everyones views on Ibiza? I went to Playa D'en Bossa last year and stayed opposite Space. I thought it was wicked. Still a buzzing Island with plently of potential. Lots of women too hopefully!
stubbsy05

4th May 04 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We're looking at going 7th June till 15th June.

If we do then we'll catch some of the opening parties, are these any good?

Is it too early to go during that time, want loadsa ladies!

Alex.
Tom

4th May 04 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meant to be going away around then alex, was thinking of Gran canaria but wouldn't mind san antonio, only heard good things apart from the expensive big clubs

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ibiza- San Antonio Town 22 database queries in 0.2764401 seconds