corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » dont you thnk its wierd..(racism)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dont you thnk its wierd..(racism)
modded_corsa

User status: Offline
   11th May 04 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this isnt being racist or nothingso please do not delete

but...

we call black people paki's - because there from pakistan
but using the word paki...is considered racist

but if you call some from scotland, a scot...then thats not considered racist
or wen u call sumone welsh from wales

who else thinks thats a bit fucked up
Ally

11th May 04 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think its funny how a black person can call another black person a nigger, but as soon as anyone else does it its racism
ed

11th May 04 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the context the word was used in initially, when people first started calling Aisan people 'pakis', even people who weren't native of Pakistan, it was meant as a racist derogatory term, this has lead on to it being a bad word now... Calling somone a Scot has never been a racist comment as far as I know, especially as it would only be said to a person who was of Scotish origin...
Dom

11th May 04 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, but its like having a radio station devoted to black music, but if we did the same it would be classed as being rascist

Not having a dig at people, but everyone says they want everyone to be treated the same etc etc, yet theres silly things like this that stops that from happening....oh wells
ed

11th May 04 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, well we're not the ones complaining about racisim, if that community needs to think the whole world hates them, let them... It's stupid really... :roleyes:
Dom

11th May 04 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1800ed
Yea, well we're not the ones complaining about racisim, if that community needs to think the whole world hates them, let them... It's stupid really... :roleyes:

aye mate....
just pisses me off, how we can be called things that is being racist or something, yet, if we call them something (even a w*nker) then they instantly say your being racist. Im been in the situation and because the black bloke said that calling him a w*nker was being racist the head of my school had to look into it i just find it petty...
Andy_S

11th May 04 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
yea, but its like having a radio station devoted to black music, but if we did the same it would be classed as being rascist

Yeah this is true, but our government let this be, thats why the BNP are becoming more popular, IMO the government is making people racist!
Paul_J

11th May 04 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by modded_corsa
this isnt being racist or nothingso please do not delete

but...

we call black people paki's - because there from pakistan
but using the word paki...is considered racist

but if you call some from scotland, a scot...then thats not considered racist
or wen u call sumone welsh from wales

who else thinks thats a bit fucked up

I think it's coz they're not all from pakistan mate... that's why they don't like to be called Paki's. But I feel in this country these days it's all 'must be Politically Correct' with them and couldn't give a fuck about us sort of attitude...

Recently on T.V. its been a whole night looking at indian culture - but no one even bats a eye lid - if this was called 'white culture' or something looking at white people's lives only this would be racist.

Same way it's ok to have a radio station dedicated to black music (1 Xtra) but would be considered racist to have a radio station dedicated to white music only.

I'm not even slightly racist - but it just feels like we're having to forget what we are and what our country is and bend over backwards to allow for other cultures and religons - so much so, that what we originally had is being forgotten.
Andy_S

11th May 04 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gavin
Premium Member

11th May 04 at 16:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its is defo the context of which ppl say it... a black person couldcome up to be and say "wats up my nigga" and i would be about it!
but the only time white ppl call me a nigga is when they are being racist!

pew pew pew pewwwww
Russ

11th May 04 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the world is fucked up, im not a racist, but, take the film, White men cant jump, for example, they were allowed to release a film basicly saying, "WHITE MEN ARE SHIT AT SPORTS"

now if i released a film called "Black Men Cant Read" about some chap who fails his exams, do u think it would be allowed. :/ wud it fuk
Paul_J

11th May 04 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is - I've got quite a few asian mates, boys and girls (I live like 2 mins from slough so plenty about lol) - but I find it amusing when I say 'look at that black person' - they're like 'he's not black!' - just don't really know what to call em half the time...

Basically my whole attitude is, I don't mind the ones that live + act like british people, joke like you do, speak english and act normal.

It's the invasion of one's trying to bring their cultures, their ways, and constantly talk in their language that piss me off - These ones also tend to stay in groups and think they must all be loyal to each other because they're linked in some way. ('wassup my brother')...

My next door neighbour is asian but he's a proper top guy ('rich as fuck, him and all his brothers have merc's') - but he's cool, couple of my best mates at work are black - once again safe, no problems with em. Hell one of my mates from my old school was black - but acted completely white... even made racist jokes about black people and found them amusing

This is the problem - there are loads of them that are decent people, but a few shitty ones completely ruin their image - i.e. the ones that'll mug you or stab you.

I just don't like the one's that preach their religion to me, and act like they're taking over - what was our country...

Paul J
modded_corsa

11th May 04 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh whats being said above is true

*can i stress to the moderators/admin that this thread isnt being racist...*

but i do believe that if colour people...and people of other religions want to come to england/britain they should act british......speak our language etc...and simply act like one of us...if we went to there country we would have to live like they do as some countries are not as rich as us and dnt have nearly half of the facilities that britain does....

S1MON

11th May 04 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy_S
quote:

Yeah this is true, but our government let this be, thats why the BNP are becoming more popular, IMO the government is making people racist!

excatly sometimes it seems its one rule for one an another for another

im sure when all the policitally correct numbskulls get there way itll get worse

Adam-D

11th May 04 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same sorta thing with the police aswell
arrest a white person for doing somthing wrong and thats that

but arrest a black person or asian pakistani whatever its racist and theyll get away with it
mav

11th May 04 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agree with alot of what is being said in this thread............
eightball

11th May 04 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a lot of this thread seems to be taking issue with 'minorities' not being british enough, and coming 'over here' and imposing their regimes and beliefs. india, ireland, scotland, america, australia, west-indies - the list goes on - seems to me that intolerance of native culture and imposition of beliefs/ religion is just about as british as one can get... and therein lies the paradox that the modern united kingdom.
TNM

12th May 04 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy_S
quote:

here here.
Je11ybubb1es

12th May 04 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by eightball
a lot of this thread seems to be taking issue with 'minorities' not being british enough, and coming 'over here' and imposing their regimes and beliefs. india, ireland, scotland, america, australia, west-indies - the list goes on - seems to me that intolerance of native culture and imposition of beliefs/ religion is just about as british as one can get... and therein lies the paradox that the modern united kingdom.

thats all a bit deep isnt it?
Adam-CorsaC18s

12th May 04 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eightball I think you got it bro.

So what if we have different cultures taht speak different languages? What does it actually matter?

Why cant we all be treated like equals? And yeah TBH that does include not partitioning back music from other music for example.

And so what if we have a night learning about different cultures on the TV? Its not hurting anyone to learn about cultures that were predominantly not found in England before the 50's or even later.

Dont mean to upset anyone - all my opinions.
Tom

12th May 04 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 1800ed

aye mate....
just pisses me off, how we can be called things that is being racist or something, yet, if we call them something (even a w*nker) then they instantly say your being racist. Im been in the situation and because the black bloke said that calling him a w*nker was being racist the head of my school had to look into it i just find it petty...

It is all about the context, and I think the type of black ppl who immediately jump to the conclusion you're being racist are just playing on the fact they are black, I would have the same intent calling sum1 black or white a wanker
1600power

12th May 04 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RussSxi
the world is fucked up, im not a racist, but, take the film, White men cant jump, for example, they were allowed to release a film basicly saying, "WHITE MEN ARE SHIT AT SPORTS"

now if i released a film called "Black Men Cant Read" about some chap who fails his exams, do u think it would be allowed. :/ wud it fuk

sorry but PMSL classic

In reaction to the posts in this thread I've known a few asians and black peeps in my time and all have been really good people to talk to. I found it really intresting discussing such issues cuz its nice to hear it from their side of the fence and what they actually think about the whole issue.

As always though as sum1 has mentioned its the minority that give everyone a bad name, like all England football supporters being racist, drunken, skinhead thugs.....

Dont really know how its gonna sort itself out but I really dont think it ever will
Tom

12th May 04 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It won't ever sort itself out imo, & black men can't read PMSL
Jason Iles

12th May 04 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have black cousins I call them niggaz, they love it cause I say it in a farmer accent
sunnyb

12th May 04 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im sorry but racist people are mostly low lives, they do not have the brain to realise rasism is wrong and irelevant. Myself being a 'PAKI' as it were can say that I was born in chatham(kent) and my ethnic origin is india, not fucking pakistan, just my view!! so in conclusion most rasists are low lives without a big enough brain to realise how moronic they really are!!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » dont you thnk its wierd..(racism) 23 database queries in 0.0153539 seconds