corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Post office lost my stuff :(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Post office lost my stuff :(
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th May 04 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a fk grill and smoked lights sent out to me, in two seperate parcels and the po managed to lose them both they were both sent on the 5th, so its gonna be two weeks 2moro they have had them and they havent turned up, they havent been helpful at all just say claim the money back but i wanted the goods as i had them for a good proce and i prob wont find as good a deal again
anything i can do to find this stuff? foned them up (head office, and local sorting office) and the guy who sent them has been to his post office, no sign anywhere, just say claim the compo
sassyminx

18th May 04 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id still kick up a fuss threaten em with local papers theyl soon get there arses in gear
Dan B

18th May 04 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you see Dispatches the other week? They've probably been nicked by some pikey still claiming benefits working part-time for Royal Mail without a security check......just like the other 200,000 per WEEK that get stolen from Royal Mail offices (proof here)...
Nath

18th May 04 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am the guy that sent them btw, and this is annoying me greatly! The PO are useless!

[Edited on 18-05-2004 by Nath]
Tom J
Premium Member

18th May 04 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my guess is they have been nicked too, or just lost coz they r just so useless
Andrew

18th May 04 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pikeys! I've had things lost before now but mainly they get damaged
Tom J
Premium Member

18th May 04 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

two seperate parcels
Adam-D

18th May 04 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

takes the piss

the post round here is usually 90% good
just the odd letter thats late but it usually turns up
Russ

18th May 04 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

royal mail looses 400k letters a day
Adam-D

18th May 04 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RussSxi

and your smilling because?
Rebrabuk

18th May 04 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you 100% certain that the parcels were sent in the first place?

If they were definately sent, then i'd assume that they were sent via insured delivery considering the value of the items. If they are insured, you can claim back the value of the products lost. You don't have to tell the post office that you were getting a bargain, claim back the full retail value of them, or better still, claim back the full value of the insurance.

If the products werent sent via insured delivery, you only have yourself/seller/retailer to blame.
Rebrabuk

18th May 04 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam-D
quote:
Originally posted by RussSxi

and your smilling because?

Bcause it's an interesting and mildly amusing fact?
Adam-D

18th May 04 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh ok. i read that thing in the paper where they smoke weed on the rounds and steal credit cards and stuff
Rebrabuk

18th May 04 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan Fearnley
You're all talking bollocks.

Elaborate..

quote:
Rebrabuk - Do you not think that people try this all the time?

Try what?

quote:
]Originally posted by Dan Fearnley
Most cases with valuable items you will have to at least prove the replacement value.

When you send an item via Special Delivery, you do not have to prove the value of it. If it is lost and you aim the insurance money, then maybe you do have to prove it. If i send a digital camera with retail value of £30 via Special Delivery insured for £250, and it gets lost, whats to stop me telling Royal Mail it was worth £250? Afterall, there's plenty of digital cameras out there with retail value of £250.

quote:
]Originally posted by Dan Fearnley
If you have insurance for up to £100 say, Royal Mail won't give you £100 without checking first.

Checking what?

Checking the 'lost' item? a) It's lost so they can't b) If it's not lost, there's no need for the claim - problem solved.

Check the retail value of a product? If my lost parcel contained 'X' worth £30, but i told them it was 'Y' worth £250, they would only know about 'Y', so checking retail value would be fine with me.
Rebrabuk

18th May 04 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Link

There you go, proof that my parcel's retail value is £250. Simple.
Rebrabuk

18th May 04 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, but you can't prove that i didn't.
Rebrabuk

18th May 04 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well you've changed your story now.

First you said i had to prove retail value, now you say i don't have to prove retail value, but prove my purchase.

I feel you may be the one talking bollocks afterall.

Rebrabuk

18th May 04 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm assuming you work for Royal Mail. So could you please aquire the documents which prove that what your saying is correct and scan/upload them as i can't be bothered to go to my post office just to confirm this when it doesn't particularly concern me at present.

If you can't, then i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, because i still think i will get my money. Where there's a will, there's a way..
bree

19th May 04 at 02:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just gotta say ive had the mail lose everything i try to send to there over the last year and some1 tried to send me somethin from the uk and i never got it i just dont get it neways hello
Rebrabuk

19th May 04 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=400144&mediaId=3100011

that basically explains the compensation policy. However, it states market value, but i'm pretty sure that the 'all you need to know' booklets state more about proving the value. Its basically to cover our own backs. We don't mind paying out £250 if the customer is covered to that amount and they've actually lost £250, but as i've said we'll make every effort to find out how much it was purchased for.
If you think you can swindle Royal Mail, go for it. Just be prepared in case we find out.....

Doesn't say anything about proof of purchase/ownership..
Jodi_the_g

19th May 04 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rebrabuk
quote:
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=400144&mediaId=3100011

that basically explains the compensation policy. However, it states market value, but i'm pretty sure that the 'all you need to know' booklets state more about proving the value. Its basically to cover our own backs. We don't mind paying out £250 if the customer is covered to that amount and they've actually lost £250, but as i've said we'll make every effort to find out how much it was purchased for.
If you think you can swindle Royal Mail, go for it. Just be prepared in case we find out.....

Doesn't say anything about proof of purchase/ownership..

Are you just plain stupid, Every insurance company has a limit before they question paying out, in the royal mails case it seems to be £28.00.
You will need an invoice, thats like me saying my house got robbed and the crown jewels where there, I got a cut out in a magainze to show you how much they cost but I have not got a recipt or any proof of buying them.

YOU NEED PROOF FOR ANY INSURANCE CLAIM
Rebrabuk

19th May 04 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jodi_the_g
Are you just plain stupid, Every insurance company has a limit before they question paying out, in the royal mails case it seems to be £28.00.
You will need an invoice, thats like me saying my house got robbed and the crown jewels where there, I got a cut out in a magainze to show you how much they cost but I have not got a recipt or any proof of buying them.

Since you obviously know all about Royal Mail's compensation schemes, perhaps you could provide the legal documentation that i requested earlier in the thread...

quote:
Could you please aquire the documents which prove that what your saying is correct and scan/upload them as i can't be bothered to go to my post office just to confirm this when it doesn't particularly concern me at present.
stubbsy05

19th May 04 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet the post office have had them to mod one of their Corsa Combi Vans
Tom

19th May 04 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

barry_kellett99

19th May 04 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jodi_the_g

Since you obviously know all about Royal Mail's compensation schemes, perhaps you could provide the legal documentation that i requested earlier in the thread...

quote:
Could you please aquire the documents which prove that what your saying is correct and scan/upload them as i can't be bothered to go to my post office just to confirm this when it doesn't particularly concern me at present.

Stop argueing you knob
He works for them
I am sure he knows his stuff

I used to be a delivery person, didnt get involved with the customer services/compensation side of things etc but we never lost mail that reached our office. (Non mainland UK)

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Post office lost my stuff :( 22 database queries in 0.0161378 seconds