corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Ball joint?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ball joint?
Miner

User status: Offline
   19th May 04 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alrite sweetbreeks! Not bn on board for ages.

Anyway, just noticed that when i turn the wheel one way, right I think there's a clonking noise coming from my front right wheel. Think its the ball joint as I think the gaiter had split as it was looking a bit flat when I did my brakes and the other side was replaced when I did my cv joint as a precaution cn as it was apart.

Adam-D

19th May 04 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not expensive bout £15 max and you can fit it yourself
Miner

19th May 04 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, did the last one myself when i changed the cv joint, hardest bit was cacking the nuts off. Had to use the big torque wrench!

Deffo fuked then?
Adam-D

19th May 04 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

possibly it could be the joint or the tie rod end
on mine it was the tie rod end so i changed the rod ends and the balljoints in 1 hit
Miner

19th May 04 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool, will check it out as its due a service soon. And the hanbrake need fixed as the pivots on the levers on the shoes are sticky. Damn cars! Makes sense to change both when its apart, esp since mines has just passed 70K & its only 4 years old!!
J da Silva

20th May 04 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

grease it up, leave it ,grease it again, wind the joint halfway then tighten it back up to get all the grease round the thread, should come out quite easy now

New Poll