corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » I have a bit of a gambling addiction

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I have a bit of a gambling addiction
Paul_J

User status: Offline
   20th May 04 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not good news... I have a bit of a gambling addiction - I'll probably bet anyone anything for normal bets, but lately it's been the fruit machines that are my curse...

Everytime I go to a pub I must play the fruities, it's like they call to me - especially if its a fruit machine I've played before and know little tricks for...

In the old days it was alright, you put in say 3 quid - get out 4 quid - pound profit wehay...

but these days I'm too greedy, I always want to get a jackpot.

I'll go on a machine, put in 1 get out say 3, put in 3 get out 4, put in that 4 get out 3, put all my money in and get a lose or something ... Go get more money - put it in to get my old money back

The problem is, as soon as you put in that 1st pound you've committed yourself - I know it'll get me on the board every say 3 / 4 quid... so you just end up trying to win your money back by putting in more and more

Admitadly I've had good days and can usually make a bit of money, but I don't know when to stop and end up usually putting it all back in - in the hope I get more...

Take today for example, played 1 fruity and got about 5 quid out from 2 quid in, then played another fruity and got 8 out for 3 in, but then played this shitty I'm a celebrity get me out of here fruity that my mate just lost £10 in (suggesting to me it's likely to pay out) - lost all the money I had made, and so I got more out - lost all that!!! my mate put more in and he lost his...

At this point I've put in about £20 and my mate has put in about £15!!! surely it's gonna pay out soon... (I've seen machines be shit just before giving out jack pots) ... So I got more money out and played a different machine to get money to maybe put in the I'm a celeb one and it's all gone FFS ... just pisses me off when the machines are being cunts...

Summary - I lost £30

Every day I play fruit machines, some times you win big (repeat jackpot) - sometimes you just lose and lose... It's a pain in the ass Sadly overall I'm most likely down. As usually even if I do win big, I feel that it is free money and it soon gets spent buying drinks lol.

Paul J
Pablo

20th May 04 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
Summary - I lost £30

Thanks
the_legend_of_yrag

20th May 04 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make a note of your ins and out's within a month and see if youve come out tops!!
AndyCorsa

20th May 04 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's only one winner at the end of the day mate, and it ain't you.
foster11984

20th May 04 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not being funny but over the last couple of months that is EXACTLY what has been happening to me, word for word. i couldnt have described it better myself.
Paul_J

20th May 04 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It happens to many people - my mate bought one of those keys you can put in the machines to tell you whether it's gonna pay out jackpot or not... but I still see him put in shed loads...

You can make a profit quite easily providing you know what your doing and know your machines...

the real key is timing - watch other people play them, if you see someone put in say £10 and only get £3 out and give up - it's gonna be good to go on that machine as the next time you get on the board it should pay out quite well...

Also if you see someone put in money and not get on the board (i.e. has been on the board before - just taken say £5 in the bank but has £2 in the machine left to use and after that £2 walks away) you know you can jump on that machine and get on the board with probably £1 maybe £2 and most machines will offer you £2.40 (£3) quite quickly...

Thus equalling profit.

but its just impatience and being greedy that makes people lose out and makes the creators of the machines win
Drew
Banned

20th May 04 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spending 30 quid per day....

get on ebay, buy one £300 or so

put all ya money ya would in that, end of month, nice little savings ya got there, let ya mates play it too
AndyCorsa

20th May 04 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Drew
spending 30 quid per day....

get on ebay, buy one £300 or so

put all ya money ya would in that, end of month, nice little savings ya got there, let ya mates play it too

Hey not a bad idea that Drew
Gavin
Premium Member

20th May 04 at 17:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate does the same.... walks into a pub and goes straight to the fruit machine

this one time he put in £30 in on go cos he kept on saying that it would pay out... then he gave in and a cocky business man came up (must have watched my mate lose all his money) and put in about £4. this dude manage to hit the £25 jackpot. not only that, the machine gave the dude a chance to double it...... he hits the button and yay..... u wins again!
from £4, he wins £50

my mates face was a treat....i wished i took a picture of it

pew pew pew pewwwww
Paul_J

20th May 04 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by B19 GAV
my mate does the same.... walks into a pub and goes straight to the fruit machine

this one time he put in £30 in on go cos he kept on saying that it would pay out... then he gave in and a cocky business man came up (must have watched my mate lose all his money) and put in about £4. this dude manage to hit the £25 jackpot. not only that, the machine gave the dude a chance to double it...... he hits the button and yay..... u wins again!
from £4, he wins £50

my mates face was a treat....i wished i took a picture of it

Read above - its all about timing

Drew - bit crap though, coz none of my mates would play my fruity as they'd know I'd set the refill to max so it doesn't pay out Though I wonder how much it costs to put a fruity in a pub or something...
foster11984

20th May 04 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i find myself watchin people on them sometimes to see how much there winning or losing, ill spend ages watchin and completely be in my own world staring at the machine.
and ill know all the machines in all the pubs i go to in my area, and i tend to know wot im doin on most of them.
im gonna stop playin them coz its startin to get serious, im starting to loose alot of money, considering im a student only on 200 pound a month.
Drew
Banned

20th May 04 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hate it when ya get some kid come up and stand behind ya and try to tell ya what to do - they are fucking annoying, just cause they spent all there dinner money on it
foster11984

20th May 04 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^i hate it when people watch me at all, and i hate it even more when they try and tell u wot to press
ed

20th May 04 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another essy from Paul_J that I aint gonna be reading... Tooooo long mate!
Paul_J

20th May 04 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1800ed

Shame - It was all about doing your mum at the bum
StuartVRS

20th May 04 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats nothing mate, start to worry when you get like me and when on the cross channel ferry to calais, i put 300-400 quid in. 9/10 times ill walk away with huge profits but the odd time ive come away 400 quid down. I only play machines i know though which makes it easier to win. Ive walked off the ferry with over 1500 quid before, plus what i started with. I dont play them much now but i only play with what i can afford to lose.
Paul_J

20th May 04 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaCsxi
thats nothing mate, start to worry when you get like me and when on the cross channel ferry to calais, i put 300-400 quid in. 9/10 times ill walk away with huge profits but the odd time ive come away 400 quid down. I only play machines i know though which makes it easier to win. Ive walked off the ferry with over 1500 quid before, plus what i started with. I dont play them much now but i only play with what i can afford to lose.

This is my problem - I'm a poor student that only works weekends, can't afford to lose too much

I only make about £80 a week so £30 is quite hefty relatively

plus that was only 1 day - no doubt I'll play em tommorrow

Now I know why I have no money

ed

20th May 04 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
Originally posted by 1800ed

Shame - It was all about doing your mum at the bum

Eeeek!
Paul_J

21st May 04 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok I take that back - Gambling can be good

Today I turned the £10 I went in with into £47 and paid for any drinks etc that I had while I was there

My mate also won the repeat jackpot on another machine (£50!) today...

Was so many people in the pub this afternoon that they kept all playing the machines - I just watched what they put in and what they got out and then decided whether to go on after them

turning £10 to £47+ without getting jackpots aint bad going really I know there are some people who know how to force jackpots - but it's all good really
DanielJ

21st May 04 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u sound like me been aving shite luck since i rooked £75 out of monopoly in one jackpot (repeat twice) the last 3 machines i aint managed to win more than 15 at a time

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » I have a bit of a gambling addiction 23 database queries in 0.0121429 seconds