corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Weight Training Regimes

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weight Training Regimes
J da Silva

User status: Offline
20th May 04 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what diet?
what exercises and how many?
how many times a week do you train?
AndyW

20th May 04 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i train daily
not really on a diet..
just pressups dips n free weights i dnt train that hard but noticed a difference
Smiffie

20th May 04 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^as above
ed

20th May 04 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do a 1.5km run, then 10 mins on the cycling machine, doing cardio training... The I go on to wieght machines, I do two sets of 15 reps on various machines. I just started doing it 5 times a week, as opposed to 3, and my whole body hurts now, I could harldy walk this morning
AndyW

20th May 04 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i also play footy alot!
wanna start goin gym more but cant afford it
cossie_corsa

20th May 04 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyW
i train daily
not really on a diet..
just pressups dips n free weights i dnt train that hard but noticed a difference

ditto except i train hard as i can and play high level roller hockey at least 4 times a week plus games. i also get to lift weights during work coz i'm a builder.
J da Silva

20th May 04 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for better gains, i was told by various massive bastards its better to train every 2 or 3 days rather than every day
AndyW

20th May 04 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well talk to them mate...im not a body builder im just tryin to look good lol
Smiffie

20th May 04 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^iv heard this also, but at the mo i just lift weights weneva i can each day

still a skinny bastard tho
Drew
Banned

20th May 04 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VenomTurbo
for better gains, i was told by various massive bastards its better to train every 2 or 3 days rather than every day

4 times a week - the body needs to recover
J da Silva

20th May 04 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i train sunday tuesday thursday

the muscle fibres stretch, if you train the next day your not letting them heal bigger, your just re-ripping them so they heal to normal size
AndyW

20th May 04 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh if thats true thats my im not gettin bigger fast...ive deffo got a bit bigger but nothin hugely noticeable
J da Silva

20th May 04 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyW
oh if thats true thats my im not gettin bigger fast...ive deffo got a bit bigger but nothin hugely noticeable

you will obviously get bigger, but get better gains every other day
AndyW

20th May 04 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill try that then
Smiffie

20th May 04 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me 2

MikeE

20th May 04 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep i strongly agree to not train every day, cos the body needs to recover ie when u are not training your muscles are repairing and growing. 3-4 times a week is the right amount of times to train as some people have said.
ed

20th May 04 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Drew
quote:
Originally posted by VenomTurbo

4 times a week - the body needs to recover

Recovery, this seems like a plan...
Andrew

20th May 04 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I juat eat a lot
Pop

20th May 04 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have to split the body into different muscle sections and work them separately on different days.

To break it down easily you can have upperbody/shoulders, stomach/abs and legs. The stomach/abs can be exercised every time you train. If you train just legs one day then traion upper body the next, this way you get a day off for one of the muscle groups.

Another important thing is to vary the exercises, the muscles will get used to one set of exercises and won't develop past a certain point. Variety is key.

Just one last thing, don't use creatine. It's just a water retentioning substance and when you finish using it you will rapid.

I just use these principles on the exercise program that was set up for my kayaking training. I'm no expert but I have a degree in this stuff so just try some of the things suggested by me and the others in this post ... most of the stuff is really good advice what people have said.
Siberia

21st May 04 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cycle everyday to work which is about a 20k round trip.

on monday, wednesday and friday i'd cycle a much longer route about 35 40k ish.

also drop into the gym on monday wednesday and fridays as the longer route takes me by it. just do wieghts in gym but nothing to heavy dont wanna look like seth

monday chest/biceps, Wednesday Back/triceps, friday bit of both and some shoulders.

I started doing all this exercise when i was about 20. I wieghed about 16 and a half stone at the time. I got that down to 13 stone. and from a size 44 waste to a 34. all my family are fat c*nts

its a pain in the arse now though because i have to do all of that just to keep at my wieght as yer body gets used to it

try and eat sensibly during the week. not THAT strict at the weekends( i love friday night curry)

Met the GF when i was about 22 so shes a bit of a distraction if ya get what i mean.

[Edited on 21-05-2004 by Siberia]
mossy

21st May 04 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did a national diploma in sports sceince and from what i learnt 24 hours between exercise is vital. i was also taught to stick with a particular exersize for a month then change it, then after a month change back. might work, might not
AndyCorsa

21st May 04 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends what you want really? You want to loose weight or build up? I train 3 times a week sometimes 4 (depends what shifts I'm working), wieghts and cardio. 1st day I'll do arms and chest, 2nd day rest, 3rd day cardio and legs, 4th day rest, 5th day shoulders and back. If I do 4 days then I'll do my arms and chest again along with a bit of cardio. I've been going gym now nearly 2 years and I'm about 12½ stone now. I weighed about 10½ stone and was a skinny git before then
barry_kellett99

21st May 04 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Weight training every day is terrible for you, I know lots of guys who used to run lots and started weights+Creatine and i know they r on steriods now too, weights every day, arms bigger than my legs, big as fuck, but cant run the length of themselves now

meaning their heart is probably in more difficulty than if they were just a couch potatoe.

Trying to get big is an arse, unless you regularly play competitive sports whats the point? I do a lot of upper body weights cos i play football and i am fairly light as it is and its easier to hold the ball with a bit of strength. But i wouldnt bother half as much, only do circuit weights if i wasnt playing footy

Also, for maximum effects try some of these:
1. Def rest the worked muscles for 24 hours
2. If you always start bench pressing and add on weights, try going the other way, put on what you know is your maximum lifting weight, do reps til exhaustion, rest for a few mins, do another set, or drop the weight slightly and do another set and keep reducing the weight til your lifting less than you normaly start on and you will feel very very pumped.

This is good because it makes your muscles work to the max and you can increase your load

3. I do a lot of pyramid training which is like above but start light, 15 reps, add weight, 12 reps, more weight 10 reps, more weight 8 reps then drop the weight again, 10 reps, drop more 12 reps, etc etc

4. Cardio is vital. But is not advisable on same days as weight training but do both if you cant train every day interchanging, weights, cardio, weights, cardio
Shauny9

21st May 04 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive just had a weight training programme done for me at the gym. Its a 3 day week program with an additional day for CV (Cardio) its a superset training programme i.e u do a set of one movement then onto another vice versa until u do 3 sets of each. Then your final weight is less but more reps.
Bling Bling Pimp

21st May 04 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive done that regime its painful when ya traning u can take protien shakes and stuff to bulk out quicker not steriods k

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Weight Training Regimes 22 database queries in 0.3684170 seconds