corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Alarm fun and games

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Alarm fun and games
Black Corsa SRi

User status: Offline
23rd May 04 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the standad vaux alarm/immobiliser fitted to my car and its recently started causeing me a few problems, its started just going off randomly for no apparent reason. I know there could be any number of things wrong with it and without looking its had to say, i was just wondering if anyone knew of any common faults that could casue this that i could have a look at, as i know about elctronics etc so can look at i myself was just wondering where to start! LOL

Any help would be apreciated LOL
5doormodder

23rd May 04 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a common thing for car thieves to set off your car alarm loads of times to the point where you get frustrated and dont bother arming it, which is just what they want to get into your car without being disturbed!

I would suggest you take it to an auto electrics place and have them to have a look at it, or you could go to vaux dealer, but will be costly.

standard alarms can be a right pain sometimes, mine just decided to stop working one day. I have a clifford alarm fitted now which is a great alarm.

[Edited on 18-05-02 by 5doormodder]
myke

23rd May 04 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my alarm is set off by air movement if i leave a window or the sunroof open slightly
ZS

23rd May 04 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If there's any damp inside your car, it can mess up the ultrasonic sensors if you have them (I had this problem with an old Laguna I used to have).

Also, odd as this may sound, check there's no spiders living behind the sensors. Friend of mine had problems with his alarm, turned out to be a spider walking over the sensors.
BlueCorsa

23rd May 04 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Usual problem with Vauxhall factory alarms is the power sounder needing replacement isn't it?
Black Corsa SRi

24th May 04 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chees for the replies may have to look ino this power sounde not heard anything about it before, can anyone illaberate?

5 doormodder cheers but i'm sue its no that cause it happened in more than one spot, plus one time i was stood near it when it went off and no one was near the car or anything
Greasemonkey

24th May 04 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had major problems with my vaux alarm, the connections corrode over time and they start playing up, this happened so much that the previous owner had disarmed the sounder permanantly, and then it started causing the car to cut out, i put up with it for nearly 2 years, last month i spend £500 having the old alarms removed, loom put back standard and had a clifford put in place, it hasnt cut out since and is great lol
BlueCorsa

24th May 04 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you get 4 chirps after you disarm the alarm? If so, it's most likely the power sounder (needs replacing as the internal battery in it will no longer charge):

http://tinyurl.com/22h4a
http://tinyurl.com/2x7tt

T
Black Corsa SRi

25th May 04 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah i dont it arms/disarms when u deadlock or undeadlock the car

New Poll