corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » what....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what....
Ben
Banned

User status: Offline
31st May 04 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will play avi videos or whatavya

just downloading american history x and when i preview it its only sound , but i only have an old version of media player?

Dom

31st May 04 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need codecs mate...google for one called Nimo 5.0. Download, install...then try again You can also use winamp or something instead of MP if you wish
Ben
Banned

31st May 04 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so do i have to cancel the download?
Dan B

31st May 04 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, keep downloading, sort the codecs when it's done...

Also, have a look on Google for a program called AVICodec......download & install it, then run the video file in it, it'll tell you which audio/video codecs you need, and give a link to download them!

I'd also consider downloading DivX Player, I tend to use that for all non-WMV video-files...
Dom

31st May 04 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should really preview videos whilst downloading mate...can screw them up. Use AVIPreview (comes with kazaa lite...well did) and that allows you preview avi's and mpegs (nothing else)...but i stil wouldnt recommend, previewing it. Just do it once, to check quality etc...then leave it

And no, keep the download going....just install the codecs after its finished (needs a restart of the machine etc).
Ben
Banned

31st May 04 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whoa whoa wa whoa, i aint clued up about this shit , once its downloaded what shall i do ?

download anothe rprogram and open it in that yeh?

as simple as possible please

thankyou
Dom

31st May 04 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol mate...google for the Nimo 5.0 codecs...download them.
Then ONCE the film has finished downloading...install the codec (the file you downloaded earlier) and reboot the system.

Wack open Media Player or winamp or what ever you use and watch the film
if it still doesnt work, the google for a program called GSpot or AVICodec like dan said, and open the video file in that and it will tell you what codec it needs. Then google for that codec
Ben
Banned

31st May 04 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » what.... 24 database queries in 0.0055978 seconds