corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North East » car finally re-booked in. damn bodyshops

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car finally re-booked in. damn bodyshops
jamesw

User status: Offline
   2nd Jun 04 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After a lot of hassle of being on a waiting list which lasted for months, i was recomended someone else to send my car which was auto refinnishers at hartlepool, after having the car about 2 weeks he had done nothing apart from fit a smooth boot pannel and even that wasnt done properly. So i decided to take car back and head to GT Refinnishers @ boro. When i finally got there guy looked at the car told me how much of a state and hard job it was, ponderd over the two tone and said keep it one colour he would smooth the skirts and it would be 1800 quid, and would take him aprox a month to do the job. Anyway away i go again to Crags body repair in quarington hill, looked at the car said it wasnt too bad a job, he is going to do the 2tone, smooth the skirts, weld the boot and door handels up, smooth and spray the dash all for 650 quid, and he says will take bout a week for the dash and 2 weeks for the car, looking at some of his work he looks like a spot on job, just another long wait ahead for me

JW
neiliosxi

2nd Jun 04 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fingers crossed then mate, some places just dont wanna know and give u a stupid quote. took mine in this morning and he said he didnt have time! its gotta be finished for yorkshire show too!
corsa_crew

2nd Jun 04 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems 2 b a fair few bad things happening 2 sum ov our members at body shops- name and shame time i think
M2RTY

3rd Jun 04 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good luck mate
jamesw

3rd Jun 04 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheerz mate, pretty happy now ive got these guys doing it just sick of waiting, gutted wont b able to make yorkshire show like but will be popin down on the sunday in me dads car.

JW
neiliosxi

3rd Jun 04 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame mate coz your car would have got lots of attention!
Mine has gone this morning, hope to have her back by wednesday to put it back together! lol
jamesw

3rd Jun 04 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well best of luck mate aint fun when ya got to rush against time, am lookin round for some new seats now, was gonna get current ones recoverd but cant get a good enough colour match in viynal, think i saw some buckets before with blastic inserts i could poss spray look forward to seein ya car on the sunday anyway.

JW
Hollie

3rd Jun 04 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant wait to see it all done, shud look lush! alot of work still to do wen out of bodyshop like, but i'll give u a hand, seeing as im off college! )

hollz
jamesw

3rd Jun 04 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers ill make sure i have the spanners and polish ready while i relax
neiliosxi

4th Jun 04 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been to my bodyshop to find my car in a lockup and hasnt been touched in 2 days! I've been scrounging lifts and even had my bike out and i could have had the car all along

[Edited on 04-06-2004 by neiliosxi]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North East » car finally re-booked in. damn bodyshops 23 database queries in 0.0062249 seconds